Nycfc Acquires Midfielder Kwadwo Poku

New York City FC acquired his MLS rights from the Seattle Sounders FC for a conditional 2017 SuperDraft Pick.

Do other leagues have "rights" on players they don't have contracts with? So dumb.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
So now we got two players with Ghanese roots, from the same warrior tribe as well.. :cool:

Reactions: Kjbert
Jason Kreis said this “In Poku, we are getting a fantastic young player at the perfect stage of his career. He can help strengthen our squad immediately, and at only 22, we know he will develop into an even more important player in the future.”

Seems he feels Poku will be with the first team. He has been playing for the Atlanta Silverbacks.

Reactions: Kjbert
If you look at Manchester City at times, they are weak at the back but if you score 4 goals it does not matter. CFG would rather lose while playing attacking football than win 1-0 and bore everyone.

Defending as a whole in MLS is pretty weak so I would rather have a great attacking team and slowly build the defense. I high offside line can make a decent defender team a great defender team if they play together.

I would love to convert this kid into a Holding Defensive Mid. He has the perfect build for it, and he says his player idols his game is like are Yaya Toure and Schweinstagger.

Anyone know how good this kid is? I watched his highlight video but I want to know from someone who has actually followed this kid in the past

Reactions: sbrylski
I would love to convert this kid into a Holding Defensive Mid. He has the perfect build for it, and he says his player idols his game is like are Yaya Toure and Schweinstagger.

Anyone know how good this kid is? I watched his highlight video but I want to know from someone who has actually followed this kid in the past

Yeah, I wonder if that's the plan. We do need at least one more striker for depth, most likely, but if Poku wants playing time, he could start the year as the backup CDM and learn the position.

Reactions: Ike Podell