Nycfc Have A New Sister Club

I'm starting to get more nervous about each of these expansions. I'm not clear on how MCFC sees NYCFC in relation to Melbourne and now Yokohama. What part does each play in the development? Is NYCFC the top of that group?

I'm starting to get more nervous about each of these expansions. I'm not clear on how MCFC sees NYCFC in relation to Melbourne and now Yokohama. What part does each play in the development? Is NYCFC the top of that group?
Overyone will ve looked at as equl. NYCFC fans really dont need to worry just look at the guys running the day to day operations at NYCFC. This only give NYCFC more exposure and a wider network and larger sponsor possibilites.

Reactions: KjChronic
"East Asian Football ‏@EAF_News 2h
Manchester City are set to purchase a major stake in one of Shanghai three major clubs in the coming months according to @EAF_News

Eye Of The Kippax @FNN_Official · 3h
#MCFC will purchase a major stake in a Chinese Super League club, believed to be in Shanghai (Shenhua/SIPG) in the coming months."

at this rate NYCFC will be able to get the best players from all around the world

Reactions: KjChronic
I'm curious how City will rectify their ownership of Yokohama and a Shanghai club and Melbourne if they find themselves drawn against each other in the Asian Champions League.

It's a unique issue that would otherwise only arise if their different properties met in the Club World Cup but now they would have stakes in three clubs AFC clubs.

As long as it´s minority stakes it will not matter really.. Take this deal with Nissan for instance, Nissan is about to become a sponsor, as part of that deal CFG becomes part owner in their soccer club (20%) and are expected to perform some services to Yokohama Marinos.
It´s not that different from how Yankees perform some services to NYCFC really.

Melbourne is the only club where they are going to have a majority stake I guess.

I'm curious how City will rectify their ownership of Yokohama and a Shanghai club and Melbourne if they find themselves drawn against each other in the Asian Champions League.

It's a unique issue that would otherwise only arise if their different properties met in the Club World Cup but now they would have stakes in three clubs AFC clubs.

I'd like to see how this'd work too...
And what the rules are around it?

As long as it´s minority stakes it will not matter really.. Take this deal with Nissan for instance, Nissan is about to become a sponsor, as part of that deal CFG becomes part owner in their soccer club (20%) and are expected to perform some services to Yokohama Marinos.
It´s not that different from how Yankees perform some services to NYCFC really.

Melbourne is the only club where they are going to have a majority stake I guess.

A few clubs in European leagues have the same owner, are they most probably minority share holders? Or is it just just the likelihood of Charlton Athletic meeting Standard Liege in UEFA competitions is to low to worry about it?

I'd guess NYCFC & Melbourne would be the only clubs MCFC would 'own' and the others are more a partnership solidified by CFG owning a minority share?

As the rules go you can just enter one team you control in the same international competition.. Having a minority stake like with Yokohama with Nissan retaining the 80% that gives them absolute control will be no problem.

The Pozzi family in Europe got around it rather cleverly with almost everyone owning a club each :D

If you mean the Pozzo family, they actually got around it by buying two clubs (Granada and Watford) who both had zero chance of entering European competitions... In fact, even Udinese didn't get in, this season.

If you mean the Pozzo family, they actually got around it by buying two clubs (Granada and Watford) who both had zero chance of entering European competitions... In fact, even Udinese didn't get in, this season.

But they are not having the same owner as you can see... But the actual owners are all related to each other of course

Somehow I think it wouldn't matter that much.

Take Chelsea and Vitesse, for example. They are not owned by the same man, they aren't even owned by the same family. Abramovich set up one of his inner circle as Vitesse's chairman, presumably by pumping so much money into the club through Chelsea that they felt obliged to give him representation on the board. For a while it was fine, and then a story slipped out that Abramovich tried to tell Vitesse to throw a couple of matches to ensure that Vitesse didn't end up in the CL, which would have led to more scrutiny over just how connected the two clubs are. Despite the fact that they don't share an owner, he knew that he had something to hide which he couldn't get away with, and as a result he drew so much attention to himself that he's not going to get away with it anyway.

Technically speaking, we're owned by CFG and not MCFC right?
That is correct. CFG is a company where mcfc, man citys womens team,nycfc, melbourne city, japanese and the new shanghai francises will be included. this to keep all the accounts seperate. But CFG is a createtion of man city. thats why Sorano is managing director for all clubs. so you can cay. Im managing director in my company but i own my share of the company through my holding company.

That is correct. CFG is a company where mcfc, man citys womens team,nycfc, melbourne city, japanese and the new shanghai francises will be included. this to keep all the accounts seperate. But CFG is a createtion of man city. thats why Sorano is managing director for all clubs. so you can cay. Im managing director in my company but i own my share of the company through my holding company.
Thanks for the explanation!

City Watch @City_Watch · 13m

Times of India: Officials from newly formed Indian Super League club Goa have traveled to England to try and form a partnership with City.

Reactions: einwindir