NYCFC Sign Heber

At the end of the article Dome says he’s very interested in making a move for a Euro player this summer.
I read the quote as a little softer, more a “We can adjust this summer if we need to.” But in any case it ain’t exactly clear.
“Maybe we need to buy a player in summer time. Maybe it’s the right time to sign in Europe because they finish the season but for now, I’m very happy,” Torrent said. “I know our supporters were nervous about the striker. I understand 100 percent but I prefer to wait two or three or one month to sign one player, because you don’t (need to rush) because that one player is not the right player. If it is possible to sign another player in summer, it’s because I need this player.”

Article came out in the Athletic. Don’t want to post the whole thing since it’s behind a paywall. But thought this excerpt was worth discussion.

In Héber, NYCFC finds a potential solution at the No. 9 position
https://theathletic.com/883111/2019...ds-a-potential-solution-at-the-no-9-position/

View attachment 9662

1. So this was Dome’s pick after seeing the scouting reports. We can then also infer that all these signings are Dome’s. So what’s for Reyna exactly do then?

2. $2.5mm transfer fee. scenaio A: 4 year deal. Then it’s $625,000 per annum in transfer fee and he’s making up to $900k per annum in salary. Or scenario B: 3 year deal. It’s $833,333 in transfer fee and he’s earning up to $700,000 per annum.

At the end of the article Dome says he’s very interested in making a move for a Euro player this summer.

Ugh, if we don't re-sign Maxi or don't dump Medina, could it be possible we run into a 4th DP problem? Like when Zlatan was a TAM player in 2018 but now a DP in 2019...

Ugh, if we don't re-sign Maxi or don't dump Medina, could it be possible we run into a 4th DP problem? Like when Zlatan was a TAM player in 2018 but now a DP in 2019...

But we have Reyna to explain the rules...

I read the quote as a little softer, more a “We can adjust this summer if we need to.” But in any case it ain’t exactly clear.

Dome's usually pretty transparent in his foreshadowing, though, and this isn't the first time he's mentioned signing a European in the summer. The fact that he's still speculating about it after the Héber deal is at least worth flagging.

Would never be an issue. CFG has a contingency for Medina if the right player says yes.
giphy.gif

Article came out in the Athletic. Don’t want to post the whole thing since it’s behind a paywall. But thought this excerpt was worth discussion.

In Héber, NYCFC finds a potential solution at the No. 9 position
https://theathletic.com/883111/2019...ds-a-potential-solution-at-the-no-9-position/

View attachment 9662

1. So this was Dome’s pick after seeing the scouting reports. We can then also infer that all these signings are Dome’s. So what’s for Reyna exactly do then?

2. $2.5mm transfer fee. scenaio A: 4 year deal. Then it’s $625,000 per annum in transfer fee and he’s making up to $900k per annum in salary. Or scenario B: 3 year deal. It’s $833,333 in transfer fee and he’s earning up to $700,000 per annum.

We’ve got lots of scouts. The most scouts. The best scouts. All over the world.

Attachments

• 5FFF2F47-5E64-4C2C-A0D1-ECB68E23A93D.png
    5FFF2F47-5E64-4C2C-A0D1-ECB68E23A93D.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 27
Dome's usually pretty transparent in his foreshadowing, though, and this isn't the first time he's mentioned signing a European in the summer. The fact that he's still speculating about it after the Héber deal is at least worth flagging.
Yes but at the same time we only have half a depth for Striker, and with the expected Medina going out, I don't see why he isn't expecting to have two quality finishers on the team. In fact, imagine Heber turns out to be amazing and then in the summer we sign an insane DP striker deal- that means we have a good striker with a good backup- something we've never seen at this club before. (And if you think otherwise, you've gotta be a clown loooooooool)

Reactions: Victors87
Yes but at the same time we only have half a depth for Striker, and with the expected Medina going out, I don't see why he isn't expecting to have two quality finishers on the team. In fact, imagine Heber turns out to be amazing and then in the summer we sign an insane DP striker deal- that means we have a good striker with a good backup- something we've never seen at this club before. (And if you think otherwise, you've gotta be a clown loooooooool)
If you look at that Croatian journalist in the Outfield article that sundance sundance posted this morning, it makes it sound like we're headed for a 1.5 striker setup if we add a true central striker this summer. Heber started his career central, but when he first moved to Croatia his coach moved him and he flourished as an inverted left winger -- to the left but not wide. Then they lost their striker so he moved back to the middle, until they got a new striker and he again played "inside forward" on the left. If he really has that flexibility that means he could be perfectly situated positionally to fill our CF need now, then play a complementary role with another CF later. But how he and Mitrita fit then is puzzler.

Last edited:
If you look at that Croatian journalist in the Outfield article that someone posted this morning, it makes it sound like we're headed for a 1.5 striker setup if we add a true central striker this summer. Heber started his career central, but when he first moved to Croatia his coach moved him and he flourished as an inverted left winger -- to the left but not wide. Then they lost their striker so he moved back to the middle, until they got a new striker and he again played "inside forward" on the left. If he really has that flexibility that means he could be perfectly situated positionally to fill our zcf need now, then play a complementary role with another CF later. But how he and Mitrita fit then is puzzler.
I would love to see Mitri learn to play on the right or through the center.

It's only been a handful of games and I'm already tired of watching him receive the ball, look up, wait until the entire defense is in position, and only then start dribbling inside.

If you look at that Croatian journalist in the Outfield article that someone posted this morning, it makes it sound like we're headed for a 1.5 striker setup if we add a true central striker this summer. Heber started his career central, but when he first moved to Croatia his coach moved him and he flourished as an inverted left winger -- to the left but not wide. Then they lost their striker so he moved back to the middle, until they got a new striker and he again played "inside forward" on the left. If he really has that flexibility that means he could be perfectly situated positionally to fill our zcf need now, then play a complementary role with another CF later. But how he and Mitrita fit then is puzzler.
In a 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2, Mitrita plays LW and he plays LF?

I would love to see Mitri learn to play on the right or through the center.
You think he can switch sides?
It's only been a handful of games and I'm already tired of watching him receive the ball, look up, wait until the entire defense is in position, and only then start dribbling inside.
I wonder how much of this is a result of our attack being disjointed generally due to Maxi being out of position and unable to be the field general.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
If he is so flexible (positionally speaking), can Heber play on the right and Mitri on the left? We are taking his position as though he can only be on the left. The Croatian writer said he is fine with both feet... why not throw him into the spot where we have a black hole (right side attacking)? Have Mitri on one side and Heber on the other, let them roam and plunder and interchange how they please?