NYCFC Sign Heber

You think he can switch sides?
I dunno, he could have a case of the Zoolanders.
I wonder how much of this is a result of our attack being disjointed generally due to Maxi being out of position and unable to be the field general.
He looked really predictable in the friendly against Sweden too. Got subbed at half-time, although it's not clear that that's why. And they could be disjointed too. He just gives me the sense of being someone who likes to square up and face defenses vs. being comfortable "in the mixer" so to speak or in more transient situations.

I think it is abundantly clear how we will line up, and if that means our CF shades left, that just puts him in close proximity to both Mitri and Maxi, and that's a good setup.

Reactions: The Toe
Mitri has one move. Cut in from the left and get it on his right foot.

He would be wasted on the right. He appears to be a one footed player.

Mitri has one move. Cut in from the left and get it on his right foot.

He would be wasted on the right. He appears to be a one footed player.
I know that's the only move we've seen, but could he cut in from the right to the left? I'm not sure he can, but I'm also not sure he can't because in only 3 games (i.e., very small sample size), he has only been on the left.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This. And because who is defending the wing? Tinnerholm for ITS at minimum.
Chanot could play the right side of the back three. Wing still has to drop to support/track, but Chanot is stay-at-home defender

Chanot could play the right side of the back three. Wing still has to drop to support/track, but Chanot is stay-at-home defender

That lineup would just see a volley of headed balls into the back of the net would be my concern

Mark Booth said he’s currently in Brazil. The only reason he wouldn’t be with the team right now is he’s not fit to train. Hopefully he joins the team soo We than later. I don’t see him starting for the next 2-3 weeks even if he’s healthy.

Reactions: Kjbert
Or not having a work visa?
giphy.gif

Paco Alcacer didn't start for Dortmund for like, forever, but came on as a super sub a billion times- maybe that's the plan with Heber too until he's fit?

I think we'll see him starting very soon. Héber's been held out since January in anticipation of a transfer, so he should have been professional enough to stay sharp knowing some team would need to slot him in midseason. Plus he'll have had a couple weeks of deal closing and visa wait time with nothing to do but wind sprints all day. Dome wants him bad and it's not like we have an alternative at center forward, so I bet we're looking at one sub appearance tops before he's a full time starter.

I think we'll see him starting very soon. Héber's been held out since January in anticipation of a transfer, so he should have been professional enough to stay sharp knowing some team would need to slot him in midseason. Plus he'll have had a couple weeks of deal closing and visa wait time with nothing to do but wind sprints all day. Dome wants him bad and it's not like we have an alternative at center forward, so I bet we're looking at one sub appearance tops before he's a full time starter.
There’s a big difference between staying sharp (your words), being in game shape (what is needed), and a player staying in shape between teams while not getting game time (our situation). He also is coming off an injury so whatever fitness he has will be so without a fundamental base to have built on - this will come back in play as the season wears on as a lack of base cuts endurance across the season.

We all hope this guy is professional and stayed in as good of shape as possible, but as we always see every year with any team coming out of an off-season, the players are all far from game shape. It’s why when MLS plays Mexico in the CCL, our teams look sluggish and are winded by the end of matches while the Mexican teams are firing on all cylinders. 6 weeks or 12 weeks of personal fitness won’t have Heber in shape to even be on the same level as our squad (only 3 matches in), especially playing on our mini-pitch with the quick back/forth of the play. We can definitely slot him in right away after a single sub-appearance, and we know Dome is desperate to right his sinking ship, but this guy will be playing his way into shape and he’s gonna need a sub.

He also could be a genetic abnormality and be in tip top shape, rendering the above moot, but I’d doubt it since nearly all non-contact/over-use injuries are a result of not being in proper shape, and this guy has a history.