Nycfc V Houston Motm & Post Game Discussion

VILLA rarely smiles.

Maybe its possible he's having MLS remorse lol jk

Its definitely not easy to adapt but I'm sure time will make him more comfortable

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
Interesting stats from whoscored.com

Highest rated: Brovsky:7.4 Lowest: Ballouchy 6.5 (not a very large spread there)
Villa's shots (7) and shots on goal (4) were more than the rest of the team combined.

Passing % Velasquez 90.5% on 21 passes (surprising), lowest Nemec 44% on 27 passes (not surprising)

Nemec 8 aerial balls won

Facey 4 interceptions and 6 clearances, Hernandez 3 blocked shots.
Wingert and Velasquez(?) with 4 tackles each

Not on the stat sheet, but Poku had 1 amazing dribble, and 1 amazing chipped pass that should have been an assist.

And this is why these stats are utter crap. I watched the game. Saunders had to make a great save in the 85th minute because Brovsky didn't get back on Defense. 3 of Facey's interceptions were because Brovsky was beat out wide and Facey made a great play. I'm happy that Seba completed 90.5% of his passes but how many of them were going towards their goal? Finally, Ballouchy played a lot better than that rating - specifically on defense.

Reactions: Gavin23
And this is why these stats are utter crap. I watched the game. Saunders had to make a great save in the 85th minute because Brovsky didn't get back on Defense. 3 of Facey's interceptions were because Brovsky was beat out wide and Facey made a great play. I'm happy that Seba completed 90.5% of his passes but how many of them were going towards their goal? Finally, Ballouchy played a lot better than that rating - specifically on defense.

Can't really blame him for leaving gaps though because I bet it was Kreis' decision to let him join attacking plays which is in a way reasonable while tying 1-1 at home in the last few mins of the game. As a coach going through a win-less streak you must take risks around the end of the game.

I'm guessing he was rated mostly by his Shots/Shots On Target (2/2?) although I believe "Missed Shots" should have had a bigger impact on his rating. His finishing is horrible.

Aside from the first game , I
Don't forget that sweet howler he hit on one of the sweetest crosses of the year in the entire league.

Hey, he got a 5 from me this game. Best score of the year for him.

I'm still apoplectic that Villa got a 7. For what????

Don't get apopletic! What will the forum be without your sweet and sour input? :)

Reactions: Midas Mulligan