Nycfc V Montreal Motm And Post-game

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Since I won't be available for the match and will have to watch it later I'm putting this up now.

[voopl=2015-07-04][/voopl]

Last edited:
So, it's a no brainer tonight: MOTM to Señor Villa. He really showed his class tonight. A level (or 2) above everyone else.

As for the defense, Facey was spectacular once again.

Thank god for that goal by Villa. Kreis almost cost us the game with his parking the buss bullshit. We took on so much pressure in the second half, no possession, no offense, we just invited shot after shot.

Villa was upper echelons. Saunders was upper benjamins. Facey...man this kid is the fucking boss.

KWS was decent. Same with Allen. Wingert terrible as usual.

Ref was all over the place with those damn yellows. Montreal a bunch of flopping pussies.

Good win boys. Now lets poku on.

Reactions: Kjbert
Good win, good performance from Villa.

You can ask questions about the defense again, particularly the fact that our most assured and intelligent defender is a teenage loanee, but a significant part of the problem is that we're getting overrun in midfield and they're constantly fighting fires. The FO has been addressing the right problems, but DM should be the next slot to fill. Poku has the physique to play a destroyer-type role but not the skillset. Nothing positive to say about Jacobson and don't want to complain too much after a win.

Kreis is shit. Wingert is shitter. Grabavoy is shittiest. Wait, flip Wingert and Grabavoy.

Saunders looks like a damn idiot except when he's blocking shots.

Our team is so bad it hurts. We won. Woohoo!

Since someone posted this on the chat, I'll respond here:
If FF gets the armband I will actually declare jihad on the motherfucking Internet.

Good win, good performance from Villa.

You can ask questions about the defense again, particularly the fact that our most assured and intelligent defender is a teenage loanee, but a significant part of the problem is that we're getting overrun in midfield and they're constantly fighting fires. The FO has been addressing the right problems, but DM should be the next slot to fill. Poku has the physique to play a destroyer-type role but not the skillset. Nothing positive to say about Jacobson and don't want to complain too much after a win.
Go ahead. Jacobsen hasn't gotten enough criticism here. He's utterly below MLS average.

Couldn't agree more with Paul.
Was a Smash and grab and I'm so relieved at our ability to bounce back. Thought there'd only be one winner once they tied it not being us.

Villa is a different class not just to the rest of our team but to 99 percent of the league. Facey is a special defender and lol at the people who wanted him shipped straight back to Manchester earlier in the season. Saunders is quite good at what we need him to do. He might not be the long term answer but bitching about him right now just seems ridiculous.

Vital 3 points in the last game being played by what can be termed NYCFC version 1.0. I expect to be better the second half of the year with the reinforcements in place.