Nycfc V Montreal Motm & Post-game

This quote is priceless. No comment needed:

On decision not to start Mix...

"The decision to not start Mix is because we wanted to reward Calle and McNamara for their performance last week. We want to get to a point where it's very competitive and players are rewarded for a winning effort."

Pirlo's second game and Lampards first game, it takes time. I wouldn't throw the manager under the bus like others, give it time to grow. I'm confident we can win this league when it counts in the fall. Once we got all our players gelling nobody will be on our level. MOTM ref for deciding this game with one of the worst PK calls I every seen.

Reactions: TabascoDiva

"The decision to not start Mix is because we wanted to reward Calle and McNamara for their performance last week. We want to get to a point where it's very competitive and players are rewarded for a winning effort."

I guess that's the same logic for Dellavedova to start over LeBron James, you know because Delli works harder in practice. Kreis is a fucking moron.

By this same logic, Pirlo shouldn't even be in the game eligible 18 since he hates training.

Amazing debut to a shitty player. Welcome to the club Lamepard.

I have Not much to say " Only want to add to the above post

and repeat to those fans of Saint Lampard" I told you so". He was unable to come up with a miracle win.

Lamepard had nothing new to add at this point of the team's season. I did not clapped or cheered when he came on the field.

I have Not much to say " Only want to add to the above post

and repeat to those fans of Saint Lampard" I told you so". He was unable to come up with a miracle win.

Lamepard had nothing new to add at this point of the team's season. I did not clapped or cheered when he came on the field.
That seems perhaps a little harsh. He was only on for 20 minutes, isn't fully in match shape (and neither is Pirlo), and had never played with any of those players before in a real game. Doesn't seem quite fair to demand a miracle win from him just yet. I mean, give him another match or two before you trash him maybe. And all the same applies to Pirlo too. Pirlo was great that first match when he came on as a sub, but to be honest he wasn't stupendous against Montreal. Not saying anyone has to worship Lampard but at least give him a full 90 before deciding he's worthless.

He's so clueless. If this were true then why the fuck didn't he reward Poku or Mix? Why the fuck did he start Grabavoy? Makes no sense.

That seems perhaps a little harsh. He was only on for 20 minutes, isn't fully in match shape (and neither is Pirlo), and had never played with any of those players before in a real game. Doesn't seem quite fair to demand a miracle win from him just yet. I mean, give him another match or two before you trash him maybe. And all the same applies to Pirlo too. Pirlo was great that first match when he came on as a sub, but to be honest he wasn't stupendous against Montreal. Not saying anyone has to worship Lampard but at least give him a full 90 before deciding he's worthless.

Very true. I love Pirlo but everyone was on their feet for every corner/free kick and he didn't deliver any miracles either. Both need time in general and together with their teammates to gel. Hopefully it happens with enough time left to go on the win string necessary to squeak into the play offs.

Reactions: Seth
He's so clueless. If this were true then why the fuck didn't he reward Poku or Mix? Why the fuck did he start Grabavoy? Makes no sense.
You know, in a way it *does* make total sense. Sure, reward players for winning efforts. It is actually logical. The problem though is that while it's logical it's leaving out one big factor, and that's that some players are simply better than others. This is not little league where everyone gets a chance to play. This is the pros, and you need to have your best players out there. Period.

He's rewarding Ned for getting red carded in his last appearance.

No. Wait. That doesn't make any sense.

He's rewarding Ned for scoring in his last ...

Okay. No. Not that.

He's rewarding Ned for his assist against New England in week 2.

Well ... that doesn't seem quite right.

Reward for his other assist against ... Actually, I can't find another assist. MLS says he has 2, but I can't find the other one. Maybe that's it. There was a phantom assist, and Ned needs a reward!!!

You know, in a way it *does* make total sense. Sure, reward players for winning efforts. It is actually logical. The problem though is that while it's logical it's leaving out one big factor, and that's that some players are simply better than others. This is not little league where everyone gets a chance to play. This is the pros, and you need to have your best players out there. Period.
Fine. Reward tmac and calle. But what about poku and his 3 assists. Or mix for coming on late and scoring be goal that sealed it.

Ned got a start over mix and poku. He never answered the question regarding mix.

This also ment that if mix had started it would have been for calle or tmac. He never considered not starting Ned.

I think there is definitely comment needed. This tells you his psychology. For Kreis, Grabavoy is entrenched as a starter, the first name on the team sheet. It's why I'm reading the situation as the practical solution being someone above him to step in and force Ned out.

Sadly, it won't happen this year because it would make us appear a "shambles". As a result, I am preparing myself to see more crap Ned performances.

I'm not saying our
I think there is definitely comment needed. This tells you his psychology. For Kreis, Grabavoy is entrenched as a starter, the first name on the team sheet. It's why I'm reading the situation as the practical solution being someone above him to step in and force Ned out.

Sadly, it won't happen this year because it would make us appear a "shambles". As a result, I am preparing myself to see more crap Ned performances.
I've been thinking about what type and how much leverage Kreis and Reyna negotiated for themselves as the Lampard travesty unfolded. Back in December they certainly told the CFG powers that losing Lampard until mid/late summer would reduce his worth to the team considerably and handicap the team by having only 1 DP for more than half the season. Someone at CFG decided they could live with that because the CFG decider either (1) didn't care if we make the playoffs this year, or (2) was confident we'd have a strong start regardless. Either way, Kreis and Reyna are a little more secure in their positions than they otherwise would have been.

That Lampard deal just keeps paying dividends.

TMac deserves playing time for his work rate alone. He is all over the field, giving maximum effort, and yesterday, that was in oppressive heat. Plus, he's gotten good results from that the last couple games.

Given how lackadaisical the team was in the first half, you can't let that kind of effort go unrewarded.

TMac deserves playing time for his work rate alone. He is all over the field, giving maximum effort, and yesterday, that was in oppressive heat. Plus, he's gotten good results from that the last couple games.

Given how lackadaisical the team was in the first half, you can't let that kind of effort go unrewarded.
Agreed.

Plus bonus points for using the word "lackadaisical," and an additional bonus point for spelling it right too.

Reactions: Gotham Gator

The worst part of the quote is that he doesn't even mention Grabavoy as if to imply that he is locked in as a starter and not stating him was never considered. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the way it sounds he's essentially saying his midfield is Grabavoy, Pirlo, Jacobson and then he has 2 spots for the rest for whomever he deems worthy enough.

The worst part of the quote is that he doesn't even mention Grabavoy as if to imply that he is locked in as a starter and not stating him was never considered. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the way it sounds he's essentially saying his midfield is Grabavoy, Pirlo, Jacobson and then he has 2 spots for the rest for whomever he deems worthy enough.
Agreed. So he was asked about Mix/Poku. Did anyone ask him about The decision to start Ned?

Reactions: Kjbert

This why the forum is for to hyperventilate and get some steam off ones chest. My criticism is rather benign compared to some others I have read on reference to another DP( D. Villa) who has been with this club through the good and bad times. The ups and downs and he produces goals and good results yet he gets meanly and harshly criticized

I consider that Lamepard absence has contributed to the current results. I give him the benefit of doubt that his absence is not a 100 % percent his fault. He had a previous contract with MCFC but he must have been fully aware of that. He should had had the ethics to say no until my contract is done with MC. Taking that precious DP spot has left the club floundering in a bad position: financially paying salary to an absentee : being left out of playoff contention, possibly vying for the Championship and image wise -WHAT MLS is? chopped liver ? are we the fans chopped liver too?
now that got off some frustration from my spleen , I feel wonderful:cool: