Nycfc V Philly Motm & Post-match

I cant believe Kreis wanted Seba to play that deep just to get 5 yard passes from Poku instead of contributing in a positive way to our attack with pace and stretch the defense and create space for our strikers

Every time. Balloucht has a 5 year history as worst in the league.

Tian is only 3 years.

Wait. Reverse that. Or not. We got lucky.

Reactions: Gavin23
I still can't hate on villa. He was the first player we signed. Okay, so you're telling me we signed him knowing exactly what his game is about and then preceded to build a team around him that in no way suits his game play. I can't blame that on villa. We can't feed the guy. He needs to be fed and thus he's not scoring goals like we expect.

Villa was fine tonight somewhat unlucky not to score and not just the Nemec take away.
Facey was MOTM to me though Saunders was also good almost take that for granted at this stage. Facey showing though that he is one of the most pure talented players on the team and hopefully as he adjusts to the league it'll be going from strength to strength here on out for him.

Nemec is just uggh and I don't get it because he's done some fair stuff for his national team. I almost think he stayed down after that mishap to avoid getting yelled at by Villa.

I was just thinking TMac had wasted his chance when....WOW. Wasn't blown away with his overall appearance but when you can do that at least have to be given another chance.

Sapongs goal came after bringing the ball down to his feet with his elbow. We were unlucky to be down and skillful to win. Im looking forward to another win against Montreal.

I still can't hate on villa. He was the first player we signed. Okay, so you're telling me we signed him knowing exactly what his game is about and then preceded to build a team around him that in no way suits his game play. I can't blame that on villa. We can't feed the guy. He needs to be fed and thus he's not scoring goals like we expect.

I honestly believe if he was to improve his temper tantrums it would turn everything around. When our players miss a pass to him or mess something up and he gets angry , yells at them, shrugs his shoulders, rolls his eyes etc it hurts the morale of the players. It also creates massive pressure for them the next time they go and make a pass to him. They start to worry about not making a good enough pass or not being good enough etc etc. If you reply T-Macs goal from tonight you will see Villa put his head , shoulders and eyes down towards the ground when he notices T-Mac stepping up for the shot. All of a sudden he is shocked. Now I admit that we were all a little shocked but theres no need for moments like that. He needs to understand that he is also here because of his knowledge and experience. He needs to help these guys out just as much mentally if not more than physically. I couldn't imagine how frustrating this process might be for him but he needs to understand that this is what its like coming to MLS. Its far from a walk in the park like everyone claims. Theres a lot to deal with besides scoring a goal. He may be of a higher caliber but thats nothing when the people around him are from a lower caliber. Only time will tell from here....

I honestly believe if he was to improve his temper tantrums it would turn everything around. When our players miss a pass to him or mess something up and he gets angry , yells at them, shrugs his shoulders, rolls his eyes etc it hurts the morale of the players. It also creates massive pressure for them the next time they go and make a pass to him. They start to worry about not making a good enough pass or not being good enough etc etc. If you reply T-Macs goal from tonight you will see Villa put his head , shoulders and eyes down towards the ground when he notices T-Mac stepping up for the shot. All of a sudden he is shocked. Now I admit that we were all a little shocked but theres no need for moments like that. He needs to understand that he is also here because of his knowledge and experience. He needs to help these guys out just as much mentally if not more than physically. I couldn't imagine how frustrating this process might be for him but he needs to understand that this is what its like coming to MLS. Its far from a walk in the park like everyone claims. Theres a lot to deal with besides scoring a goal. He may be of a higher caliber but thats nothing when the people around him are from a lower caliber. Only time will tell from here....

Early in the match he opted to try and split two Philly defenders rather than lay off to T-Mac on the sideline. Villa is often playing with a little too much ego and not enough patience.

Bitch at me boys. But it is not going to make you more right.

We are the worst team in the league. Tonight didn't change that. Just because I called first doesn't make me negative.

It means I watch the goddam games. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: kun and Drainyoo