Official - 2015 Pre Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that Klinsmann would counter that he thinks it's absurd that Mix should miss a whole international game window just to play in useless friendlies for NYCFC.

Not saying it's true or that I believe it, but there are two sides of the coin.

I'm sure Klinsmann would have a lot of things to say, but the fact is that Mix has been playing with the USMNT for a while and knows the players, strategy, coaching, etc. NYCFC is a new team for him, and to me it seems more important for him to get acquainted with his new team and coach. Plus, he will be playing a lot more games with NYCFC this year than with USA. To me his time seems better spent with NYCFC.

I'm sure Klinsmann would have a lot of things to say, but the fact is that Mix has been playing with the USMNT for a while and knows the players, strategy, coaching, etc. NYCFC is a new team for him, and to me it seems more important for him to get acquainted with his new team and coach. Plus, he will be playing a lot more games with NYCFC this year than with USA. To me his time seems better spent with NYCFC.
Dude Mix didn't touch the field at the World Cup - there's no questions he'd rather be at USMNT camp and try to put his stamp on the CM spot - this is dumb and pointless to even question the purpose and motives of Klinsmann

Dude Mix didn't touch the field at the World Cup - there's no questions he'd rather be at USMNT camp and try to put his stamp on the CM spot - this is dumb and pointless to even question the purpose and motives of Klinsmann

You think it's dumb to want a key player to be with his new team that he hasn't even trained with, than playing a pointless friendly? o_O

Reactions: BlueWarrior
I totally disagree. He is much better off in camp, playing against Panama than an equally pointless friendly in England. He will have plenty of time to get on the page with us.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would assume so too, but at present we're working off conjecture.
Its not like they're going to play the club's first game/international friendly on a different continent, in mini-me uniforms, in a mini-me stadium....with no way for the actual fans in NY/USA to watch....right?

They're not that crazy. I hope.

Last edited:
Yeah tomorrow at 2pm and Sunday at 7am. Hopefully I will be able to watch some tomorrow but I'm not sure. Sunday I will definitely be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.