MLS Official NYCFC Forums League

Status
Not open for further replies.
^They both pretty much hit the nail on the head.
It's an easy league to grasp but not so easy to be successful.

Reactions: JCMore
Two tips for having success with MLS Fantasy:

#1: Never rely on the Official MLS Injury List.

#2: Ask me who I'm transferring off my team. It's guaranteed any player I'm moving off my roster will have an 8 to 10 point score his next match.

Reactions: adam and NYCFC_Dan
I'm getting this started now so that we don't have too many off shoot leagues when things open up on the MLS site.
We will be doing things BIG this year!

Let's make this the biggest fantasy league on the MLS Fantasy website!

Grand Prize - Autographed Mix Diskerud Authentic Home Jersey
Second Place - Customized 2016 Authentic Jersey
Third Place - $50 MLS Store Gift Card

I made this new forum section so that people can get more into the fantasy league. Ask questions on a weekly basis and really dedicate yourself to getting into the top 3!

HUGE thank you to Mix for supporting this years fantasy league! We'll have to figure out a way to repay him for sure!
If I win 1st place I would rather the 2nd place prize

So this league makes my MLS Live subscription an investment, right?

Reactions: adam
I'm in, sounds interesting. Now that fantasy football is over I feel a large gap between checking email and actually starting to do work.... I mean... I'm a great employee!

Any idea when the MLSsoccer site will be launching its fantasy league? If my memory is correct, they had it up and running at this point in the offseason last year. Perhaps they're working out some last minute kinks before they roll it out?

Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed that they'll keep it going this year.

Any idea when the MLSsoccer site will be launching its fantasy league? If my memory is correct, they had it up and running at this point in the offseason last year. Perhaps they're working out some last minute kinks before they roll it out?

I'm assuming they've made some changes this year which is causing a delay

MLS subs the fantasy league out and it is tweaked every year. I suggested they change the scoring so that when Villa draws a penalty and converts he gets 5 points, not 7 and players only get 2 points for drawing a penalty if they don't convert it themselves. That scoring always bothered me. MLS said they would pass the suggestion along.

I wouldn't be shocked if they revamped the scoring to make it mirror f'ing Draftkings.

Reactions: adam

They sent out an email a month ago asking for suggestions. Hopefully they finally have an app. I had a few other choice words, I hope they heeded those as well.

I wouldn't be shocked if they revamped the scoring to make it mirror f'ing Draftkings.
I've been thinking the opposite: that Draft Kings might not be back. They and Fan Dual are kind of on the ropes right now. If they are here at the season start I wouldn't be surprised if they drop out by the time it's over. It would be a mistake for the league to go out of their way to accommodate them, I think.

On your scoring point I would rather just see them reduce the value of converting a PK. I know it is somewhat balanced out by the negative points they awarded for missing a PK, but on the whole I thought there was too much incentive to load your roster with PK takers.

I've been thinking the opposite: that Draft Kings might not be back. They and Fan Dual are kind of on the ropes right now. If they are here at the season start I wouldn't be surprised if they drop out by the time it's over. It would be a mistake for the league to go out of their way to accommodate them, I think.

On your scoring point I would rather just see them reduce the value of converting a PK. I know it is somewhat balanced out by the negative points they awarded for missing a PK, but on the whole I thought there was too much incentive to load your roster with PK takers.
There definitely here to stay with soccer. They just partnered with Arsenal I think and do VERY well with Premier League weekends. The MLS ones are always smaller but money is money.

There definitely here to stay with soccer. They just partnered with Arsenal I think and do VERY well with Premier League weekends. The MLS ones are always smaller but money is money.
Their legal woes in the US are substantial. The ban on doing business in NY is temporarily stayed but could very likely return. CitiGroup just blocked all transactions with FanDuel and DraftKings in NY.
http://deadline.com/2016/02/fanduel-draftkings-citigroup-new-york-shut-down-injunction-1201697401/
Their primary payment processor has announced it will stop doing business with both at the end of this month altogether.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/30/sports/draftkings-fanduel-vantiv-daily-fantasy.html?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.