MLS Official NYCFC Forums League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set my team up. Started bad last year. Then made adjustments and improved. Then tailed off toward the end. Hope to have a strong year.

I don't see any ringers on the list of players this year so far. Thanks for scoring the great prizes Dan and good luck everyone.

lHq76tK.jpg

Here we go! I may be overinvested in Dallas, but I guess we'll find out.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
This league is tough! top 20% of all players isn't even enough for top half with you guys.

I'm venting about it everywhere - I'm so upset I didn't catch Accam's inclusion in the linuep until about 15 seconds too late. Tried to make the switch and timed out before they locked rosters.

He'll be the most added player next week. Not only did I lose the 10 points (I was playing McCarty until Accam returned to the lineup), but I also lose a transfer next week. I like all my other guys though, so maybe I'll just be doing a straight switch and rolling a transfer over to GW3.

My main lesson from Week 1 is to pay attention to managers' roster habits. *Six* of my squad did not play at all, so I only really fielded ten players. Wound up slightly above game-wide average with 68 points, though, which puts me at 7,112th place overall and 64th in our league. Onward and upward!

Reactions: Gene and mgarbowski
My main lesson from Week 1 is to pay attention to managers' roster habits. *Six* of my squad did not play at all, so I only really fielded ten players. Wound up slightly above game-wide average with 68 points, though, which puts me at 7,112th place overall and 64th in our league. Onward and upward!
Ouch. I had one starter who did not play, wasn't injured, and I will probably just dump him unless there is some clear reason I find in the next 3-4 days explaining that this was a one-time thing. My auto-sub kicked in and I got points from the position, but he's a Dallas defender and I would have had a clean sheet bonus.

Reactions: Gene
My auto-sub kicked in
I've been playing Fantasy Premier League and they don't have the option to toggle between "Manager Sub" and "Auto Sub", so I didn't even know the Manager Sub option existed or what it did until well after the game week began. However, I think I'll leave it on Auto 99% of the time unless there's a compelling reason to do otherwise.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Ouch. I had one starter who did not play, wasn't injured, and I will probably just dump him unless there is some clear reason I find in the next 3-4 days explaining that this was a one-time thing. My auto-sub kicked in and I got points from the position, but he's a Dallas defender and I would have had a clean sheet bonus.
Looks like you lost points, because Loyd was benched; same here. Although for whatever reason the auto-sub put in Badji at F instead of Vincent along the back line, so it looks like I only lost about 4 points in the transaction. Maybe I'm not recalling the rules correctly, but why would they sub a F for a D and not a D for D?

OUCH! Do you mind telling who the 6 were that didn't get off the bench? I'm guessing Poku for one?

Although for whatever reason the auto-sub put in Badji at F instead of Vincent along the back line, so it looks like I only lost about 4 points in the transaction. Maybe I'm not recalling the rules correctly, but why would they sub a F for a D and not a D for D?
I think they put in your highest scoring sub, as long as it doesn't violate the minimum player requirements at each position. So if you only played 3 defenders, another defender has to sub in, but if you played 4, then they'll pick a higher scoring bench mid or forward. I had the same thing happen. I played a 4-3-3 and when Lloyd DNP'd it put in Tchani as a mid for 5 points. My sub defender was Polster who got a 3.

Reactions: Gene
That explains it then. I had it backwards in my thinking.

I played a 4-4-2 and thought if I used the max players at a position the DNP had to be replaced by a player at the same position. Makes sense the other way.

I didn't have any subs this week but last year it took me a while to figure out that the order of the subs on the bench matters. The auto sub goes from left to right and the first player to give you a valid lineup will be subbed.

5-4-1 and 4-5-1 are both valid formations so the autosub will create that formation from a 4-4-2 depending on how your bench is set up.

I thought this was going to be the year I didn't have a lousy start to the season. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.