Official Schedule Discussion

Unimas is basically Univision 2, it is over-the-air in many markets. UDN (Univision Deportes Network) is a less widely available sister station.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Unimas is basically Univision 2, it is over-the-air in many markets. UDN (Univision Deportes Network) is a less widely available sister station.

So basically most people will have trouble watching those games?

Lame schedule. No LA, RSL, DC games at home all due to accommodate the Skankees. Blah.

Well, it is their stadium. It is what it is at this point. I can only imagine how big of a PITA this schedule was to make with having to accommodate the Yanks, who play every day, and the 3-day field turnover.

Reactions: Kjbert
So basically most people will have trouble watching those games?
If I remember correctly, they often stream their matches online without cable authentication. Not sure exactly how that will work, but hopefully access will be good!

There's this great new invention called television.

All the kids are using it.

telewhat? I don't listed to hip-hop

Toothless-old-man-2.jpg

So with this flex stuff and all, when will the times for the non-nationally televised games be announced? Half of the home schedule is still TBD.

So it looks like Lampard's first game at home should be July 12 vs. Toronto FC. If everyone wears the black jersey this game, maybe it should be referred to as Black Sunday.

Wish we had some more Saturday games. More importantly I'm hoping a lot of the TBD games turn out to be afternoon times. Not a huge fan of night games. Right now there's only one afternoon start on the schedule (Orlando).

All in all pretty happy. Definitely buying tickets to the first game against RBNY in Harrison. Put together a few thoughts on my site if anyone's interested (http://www.theowngoal.com/?p=772).

Reactions: LostAnvil
I assume all the matches with no TV schedule will air on YES?
Just a FYI but all MLS games are available on TV, previously via MLS LIVE now I guess something to do with ESPN3 or WatchESPN app. The only exceptions are national TV games are only available live on those networks (FoxSoccer, ESPN, Unimas) or there may be games blacked out in the region. For example there maybe a home game that YES isn't carrying and the away team's TV may be carrying it,but that maybe blacked out for NYC viewers. Not always the case but it does happen. LA and Seattle are pretty notorious for doing it.

Reactions: Kjbert
Just a FYI but all MLS games are available on TV, previously via MLS LIVE now I guess something to do with ESPN3 or WatchESPN app. The only exceptions are national TV games are only available live on those networks (FoxSoccer, ESPN, Unimas) or there may be games blacked out in the region. For example there maybe a home game that YES isn't carrying and the away team's TV may be carrying it,but that maybe blacked out for NYC viewers. Not always the case but it does happen. LA and Seattle are pretty notorious for doing it.

Good to know. Does MLS stream all the games online?