Official Schedule Discussion

Good to know. Does MLS stream all the games online?
We are awaiting the details of exactly how the streaming will work with the new TV deal. Previously, MLS live was an excellent product. You could watch most games live, and those that were on national TV or blacked out locally would be available a day or two later. All matches were archived for the rest of the year and they also offered condensed game versions.
Not sure what they will do this season, but I am hopeful for something similar.

So after looking at the schedule I should be able to make the home games against New England, Kansas City, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Houson, Montreal, NYRB, Toronto, and Montreal. So I guess I will be getting my moneys worth :)

Just to put this out there for anyone. If you can get me two decent seats to the May 10 Red Bull match, preferably with NYCFC supporter's and I am not able to secure seats through whatever system the club uses, I will trade you my pair of tickets to 3 home games that I can't attend. 213 Row 1 Aisle!
I absolutely do not want to miss that match, especially since it is shortly after my wedding and I talked my fiance into delaying our honeymoon for two days so I can attend that match....yup...she's a keeper!

We are awaiting the details of exactly how the streaming will work with the new TV deal. Previously, MLS live was an excellent product. You could watch most games live, and those that were on national TV or blacked out locally would be available a day or two later. All matches were archived for the rest of the year and they also offered condensed game versions.
Not sure what they will do this season, but I am hopeful for something similar.
Theres some confusion for 2015. The MLS website news brief says they might, MIGHT use MLS Live AGAIN for 2015 and then switch to ESPN3 for 16 and on. But they aren't big on conclusions so who knows.

In 2015, the out-of-market package may include the extension of the MLS LIVE subscription package. Then, from 2016 through 2022, the out-of-market package will reside exclusively on ESPN3.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ia-rights-deals-mean-match-streaming-mls-live

Theres some confusion for 2015. The MLS website news brief says they might, MIGHT use MLS Live AGAIN for 2015 and then switch to ESPN3 for 16 and on. But they aren't big on conclusions so who knows.

In 2015, the out-of-market package may include the extension of the MLS LIVE subscription package. Then, from 2016 through 2022, the out-of-market package will reside exclusively on ESPN3.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...ia-rights-deals-mean-match-streaming-mls-live
There have been various other comments from people in MLS and ESPN, as well as media sources, who have said various things since then. I would expect something official very soon now that the schedule is out.

Reactions: Kjbert

Secrets.... it's MLS 101

Reactions: LostAnvil
There have been various other comments from people in MLS and ESPN, as well as media sources, who have said various things since then. I would expect something official very soon now that the schedule is out.
Any idea what they said?

The way I see the schedule:
ORL-W
NE-L
Col- W
SKC- W
Phil- L
Phil-W
Port-L
Chi-W
Seattle-L
NJ-W
Chi-W
RSL- W
Houston-W
Phi-L
Mont-W
TFC- L
NJ-W
Mont-W
TFC -W
NE-L
Orl-W
Mont-W
NJ-W
DC-L
Columbus-L
LA -L
Columbus -L
DAllas-W
TFC-W
SJ-W
Vanc-W
DC-L
Orl-W
NE-L

21 wins, 13 losses

Last year NE won 17, so we should be best MLS team ever.

I think RSL is in for a major regression next year.

Obviously doing schedule predictions are dumb at any time, but we don't even have a team yet. Save your shocked incredulity for someone else

Reactions: Kjbert
I think RSL is in for a major regression next year.

Obviously doing schedule predictions are dumb at any time, but we don't even have a team yet. Save your shocked incredulity for someone else
Why because they lost 3 older players and a few fringe ones? That core is intact and they still have great youngsters like Schuler, Plata and Gil. Kreis is going to have a hard time beating his old squad in year 1. Now year 2...

Why because they lost 3 older players and a few fringe ones? That core is intact and they still have great youngsters like Schuler, Plata and Gil. Kreis is going to have a hard time beating his old squad in year 1. Now year 2...
The core is old as hell. Beckerman and olave are due to slow down, and rimando looked old by the end of last year. Out of the decent teams in the west, i see them as the most likely to go backwards.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
It'll be real interesting to see how SKC and Houston do out West.

Houston is almost as new as we are at this point.

SKC took a pretty big step back last year as well.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT