Official Schedule Discussion

and Colorado Rapids vs. New York City FC (Dick’s Sporting Goods Park

awwwwww yea it begins.

Reactions: Gene
Going off what was said in another thread don't really see why "big box office" would be a reason for the first fixture. Isn't the first game likely to be big box office whoever its against? Anyone accusing MLS of bias should just look at the first fixture and see what complete nonsense that is. How are House of Mouse going to accuse MLS of bias for this one? They will probably say MLS have deliberately set it up so they might lose their first game to NYCFC at home.

Asinine. I'm not making bias accusations but asinine is the only way to describe it. Not to mention the pre season fixture against them so if this fixture was made deliberately rather than randomly what's the point?

If I was in New York believe me you would be seeing anger x 1000 compared to this.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
MLS will likely market the game heavily as both an expansion inaugural match and two rivals battling it out. I'm find with that though. Hype isn't a bad thing...whatever gets people excited and interested.

No doubt that's probably the reason its in Florida and not in New York. After all all the digs have been coming from them so its probably a bigger deal for MLS to have it played there. Had it been at Yankee Stadium it would have just been NYCFC's first game and promoted as such with RB probably being an exception to that mentality. Now since House of Mouse are under the impression NYCFC give a toss about them that's probably what their relentless marketing will be for next 3 months.

Reactions: Kjbert
Should we do a fixtures section and keep threads open for the following two games. Once one is done open the next two weeks out game?

Suppose the one positive would be humiliating them on their own field. Have to think of the positives even when there's only one. Believe me I don't fear them in the slightest.

Infact I even think its a bit unfair that the first pre season games will be in Manchester and I'm FAR closer to there. You have to think about the majority and MLS haven't done this at all.

Where are we going to watch the opening? Is there such a thing as official sports bar?

Should we do a fixtures section and keep threads open for the following two games. Once one is done open the next two weeks out game?
I don't think we should create a new section, but make the upcoming match thread a sticky. No need to have a thread for multiple matches out* as no real discussion could be had for a match after the next match. This thread makes sense as a multi-game discussion thread because it is newsworthy, but once we get close to the season, we should start a dedicated pre-match thread for the Orlando match.

*With the exception of a thread in the supporters section to discuss the next home game or a road trip discussion.

Reactions: william straiton
I guess I'm going against the grain here but I think a dedicated section for fixtures is a good idea. A dedicated thread for pre and post discussion. Keep the thread open for three days post-game then close it and start the thread for the next fixture.

Perhaps lump Fixtures and Rosters into NYCFC Official or something.

The Third Rail has mentioned using Nevada Smiths in Manhattan as their "official home for away matches".

Something tells me this might be an exception for a considerable number within the Third Rail. Shame about the geographic issues otherwise subsidised travel could (and should) have been arranged for season ticket holders/New York based.

I guess I'm going against the grain here but I think a dedicated section for fixtures is a good idea. A dedicated thread for pre and post discussion. Keep the thread open for three days post-game then close it and start the thread for the next fixture.

Perhaps lump Fixtures and Rosters into NYCFC Official or something.
Its up to you guys I would think having one thread would be easier on you guys.

New York v. Boston I can see the ads now, they will sell the game as New York v. Boston going to war as we always do.

My exact thoughts when I saw that as our first home matchup. Partial Yankee ownership against a Boston team...throw in our expansion draft signings and it makes for a good continuation of a century old rivalry that started when the Yankees signed Babe Ruth from the Sox...no pressure Mullins lol

Its up to you guys I would think having one thread would be easier on you guys.
It's more of a housekeeping thing for me. It's easier to define parameters when broken down into smaller units. For me personally, I can sweep through a couple 30 post thread's and maintain focus. Whereas going through a 10 page-500+ post thread is awfully mundane after a while. It also helps the flow of conversation when Thread 1 focuses only on Orlando, Thread 2 on Revs, Thread 3 on Rapids etc. Rather than having the topic of discussion bouncing around.

Reactions: lostblue and Gene