Official Schedule Discussion

this was posted in the TR facebook page by Nicholas Melione. He says it's from someone who works in Yankee Stadium. I'll guess we'll find out soon enough if it's legitimate.

l8KV24U.jpg
I sure as shit hope so! I like how there are only four weekday games - I did notice, however, there are 18 dates listed when the season tickets are for 17, so one date might get axed

I sure as shit hope so! I like how there are only four weekday games - I did notice, however, there are 18 dates listed when the season tickets are for 17, so one date might get axed
Thankfully that's the case. Unfortunately I won't be able to make any of the weekday games...unless it's Red Bull or something, I'd rather not use a sick day.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Just a feeling on my part, but I'm guessing the 9/16 or 9/19 match is the one that gets axed depending on the Yankees schedule. For the record the 9/13 Yankee game is vs Toronto, so there may be a chance that game is flexed for ESPN.

I am hoping LAG visit after Gerrard signs. Will be exciting to see him and Keane operate together.

Also looking forward to away at Seattle if that happens.

Keep in mind, At last check, Keane has not confirmed his return to the Galaxy. His post MLS Cup comments left his future wide open.

I think Orlando City will be interesting. Even though it's a baseball field, a think a lot of players, both domestic and international, will be excited to play a game at the stadium.

I wonder if they would open up a larger part of the stadium for NYCFC-LA Galaxy, especially if Gerrard shows up.

Have to imagine you could sell 48,000 seats more or less for a Steven Gerrard game in NYC.
They will play Galaxy in July, when Lampard arrives, since he and Gerrard were always compared to each other.

Reactions: Kjbert
And he could always donate to forum as a last minute give-away. Orrrrr...we could reach out to one of the local YSO/community efforts that works with at-risk kids and give them away via that route. It's probably not easy/worth it for one person to do it, but since most here have STs, we'll likely have a few extras for most matches that would go unused otherwise.

I love coming up with ways for others to be altruistic.
Definitely a good idea that I would be interested in. The only problem is that I am a poor college kid that lives 4 and a half hours from the stadium, so I was hoping I could sell a few of the games I couldn't attend to make some money for my commute to the games I could go to.
Although there are people that need more than I do, so donating is a good option.

Should also add, I won't be able to attend any games after mid August, so I'm sure I could donate some of those.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
this was posted in the TR facebook page by Nicholas Melione. He says it's from someone who works in Yankee Stadium. I'll guess we'll find out soon enough if it's legitimate.

l8KV24U.jpg

Evening games in March? Are they out of their minds? It's going to be freezing.

Also, check out Sept 16 and 19. "Unless Yankees play on 9/13 on ESPN." What the hell does that mean?

Also, check out Sept 16 and 19. "Unless Yankees play on 9/13 on ESPN." What the hell does that mean?

As I mentioned a few posts up, more than likely it means the 16th & 19th are potential home dates for NYCFC and it will depend on if the Yankees-Blue Jays get flexed out of the scheduled 1:00 PM start on the 13th to an 8:00 PM start for ESPN.

1:00 PM means NYCFC can play on the 16th if they want, but an 8:00 PM start will more than likely mean we'd have to take the 19th, because they won't have the full three days to convert the field.

If that is the schedule it looks like I might only be able to make 6 or 7 games :(