Official Third Rail Logo

The wall street hooligans debacle was due to a moron(s?) who watched gsh, probably had limited knowledge of the game and decided being a hooligan was still cool in 2014.

Most of us don't but with all the talent we have at our disposable within the TR only to have the branding outsourced and then the product being a copy/paste of a graphic easily found online. I just think we can do better.

The font, spacing and choice of coloring is great. I think that alone should be the logo.

iron_fist_art_deco_symbolism_printed_napkins-rebb3df8dad0c426796715a9de70f638e_2cf00_8byvr_512.jpg
It doesn't look the same. It IS the same.

So is every other Art Deco fist; if it was a skull, for example, would we be having this convo?

I understand your sentiment about outsourcing though and I thoroughly appreciate how it can rub people the wrong way.

TR will be looking to create a subcommittee for graphic design and Tifo to handle T-shirt designs, banners, misc. artwork, etc.

So is every other Art Deco fist; if it was a skull, for example, would we be having this convo?

I understand your sentiment about outsourcing though and I thoroughly appreciate how it can rub people the wrong way.

TR will be looking to create a subcommittee for graphic design and Tifo to handle T-shirt designs, banners, misc. artwork, etc.
If it were a copy/paste then it would still be bothersome. I like the Art Deco feel, it's very NY and not seen elsewhere in soccer. I'm just disappointed that the graphic.

We all put so much into this group. Think of the hours of discussion just on songs we've had. Originality. Uniqueness. Themes we're so adamant about. Even the name THIRD RAIL is unique amongst supporters groups. And our logo is a hybrid of the country's most powerful Union and some ClipArt image?

The logo is obviously very popular amongst the members so I recognize that my opinion is pointless.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
If it were a copy/paste then it would still be bothersome. I like the Art Deco feel, it's very NY and not seen elsewhere in soccer. I'm just disappointed that the graphic.

We all put so much into this group. Think of the hours of discussion just on songs we've had. Originality. Uniqueness. Themes we're so adamant about. Even the name THIRD RAIL is unique amongst supporters groups. And our logo is a hybrid of the country's most powerful Union and some ClipArt image?

The logo is obviously very popular amongst the members so I recognize that my opinion is pointless.

No opinion is pointless and trust me when I say the logo will evolve and change over time.

And this last part is purely my own opinion when I say I'd like to see it revamped or tweaked every year without changing the theme.

Reactions: einwindir
No opinion is pointless and trust me when I say the logo will evolve and change over time.

And this last part is purely my own opinion when I say I'd like to see it revamped or tweaked every year without changing the theme.
That would be pretty cool. Different variations of the clenched fist -- I can't wait to see the version holding the Supporters Shield and the MLS Cup.

Hey, even the MTA has a hard time with third rail logos. Here's one from their office door, check out the trippy Yellow Submarine type stuff coming out of the top of the rail:
Pp4UXd0.jpg

Here's a cool old one for fun, though not especially third rail related:
txDSLp6.jpg

Last edited:
I love it. As a teamster, I'm comfortable with the IBEW-esque logo. I also like that it's hard, without coming across as super masculine. The layout with the fonts in the other images is great as well. Well done. This will look great on a scarf, and elements can be emphasised in the future, or abandoned as we and the club develop our own histories. This is a good beginning.

wes we can tweak it season by season, maybe go with a circle style down the road and we will definitely change it to make the hand holding the mls cup and the SS when we win them :)

Another thing that is nice, and I notice this second time around, with a bunch of tattoo designs I'm working on, the white on the lightning. It really makes it stand out, was a nice touch. It gives a bit of pop to it instead of just orange. As it's been said it's definitely a great start and fun to work on from here. Go Team Go!

Reactions: NYCBlue
I love it. As a teamster, I'm comfortable with the IBEW-esque logo. I also like that it's hard, without coming across as super masculine. The layout with the fonts in the other images is great as well. Well done. This will look great on a scarf, and elements can be emphasised in the future, or abandoned as we and the club develop our own histories. This is a good beginning.
Teamster as well! Local 810 United Wire Metal and Machine.

The fist is growing on me, but the copy/paste aspect isn't yet.

Teamster as well! Local 810 United Wire Metal and Machine.

The fist is growing on me, but the copy/paste aspect isn't yet.

Union here too, so I like the hand with lightning which will provide for many variations over time. It's an excellent first incarnation and gets me excited about the group with an energy like that.

Reactions: Paul
Please tell me we'll have Third Rail badges for our jerseys

Reactions: BxLio91
I appreciate the effort the committee has put in with everything including the design, if we are giving feedback, i would very respectfully say that i am not crazy about the design, I think we can do better and im sure we will over time, for a first crack it is ok but hopefully will evolve sooner rather than later

I'm a graphic designer by day, and I'm disappointed with the logo. The fist holding lightening is a very common symbol. The logo could have been something much more unique to the SG. A missed opportunity.

But, it is great to see how NYCFC is involved with TR.

I'm a graphic designer by day, and I'm disappointed with the logo. The fist holding lightening is a very common symbol. The logo could have been something much more unique to the SG. A missed opportunity.

But, it is great to see how NYCFC is involved with TR.
I agree. I am by no means a professional, my expertise ended when I left college...but it comes off as lazy. I can go into an in-depth critique but it would only serve anger those who really like the logo. I think TR should have used any of it's hundreds of followers as a resource rather than outsourcing. The FB group had some good ideas. Not to mention guys like yourself, @Przemek Michalowicz, @Orange , or Tomek (can't remember his username). All is well. It's by no means a BAD logo just one that lacks originality. It's still better than most SG logo's that I've seen.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Yeah, agreed. It's definitely not terrible, just could have been a lot better.

we can always change down the road guys...adapt the logo as the supporters group adapts! nothing is ever set in stone!

I want to make sure that all our graphic designers are utilized and appreciated as our growth continues. As I've said in the past, we've got plenty of projects moving forward that will require all the help we can get.

I acknowledge and understand people's frustrations and criticisms, but at the moment we are trying to balance out all our resources.