Official Vent Thread

Our drive was 7+ hours excluding stops (8+ total) from Watertown, and would normally be slightly longer than 5.
yep, took me from 4:30 to about 9pm to reach lake george. Which is normally about 2 hours. I mean, i completely expected that drive back so it wasn't too bad. Especially since taking the scenic routes meant i was actually able to go between 30-60 whereas 87 would have been bumper to bumper 10mph, though similar times. I know which I'd rather.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
yep, took me from 4:30 to about 9pm to reach lake george. Which is normally about 2 hours. I mean, i completely expected that drive back so it wasn't too bad. Especially since taking the scenic routes meant i was actually able to go between 30-60 whereas 87 would have been bumper to bumper 10mph, though similar times. I know which I'd rather.
Our worst traffic was on 90 East. We stopped at a rest stop on 87 just south of Albany and it was packed. The lines for food were overwhelming and there weren't enough parking spots. Fortunately we ate near Syracuse and just needed a bathroom break. Then very oddly, the roads south of there were empty all the way home. Even the bridges and in the city.

Last edited:
Our worst traffic was on 90 East. We stopped at a rest stop on 87 just south of Albany and it was packed. The lines for food were overwhelming and there weren't enough parking spots. Fortunately we at near Syracuse and just needed a bathroom break. Then very oddly, the roads south of there were empty all the way home. Even the bridges and in the city.
exact same experience lol. I guess most people weren't going back towards the city and dispersed into suburbs of NY? I'm not sure.

exact same experience lol. I guess most people weren't going back towards the city and dispersed into suburbs of NY? I'm not sure.
I don't have a better theory, but that was so far north and there is not enough population up there to explain everyone getting off the thruway, and there aren't any major connecting roadways there. And you would expect a substantial mass going south towards NYC regardless and there was none. At one point our GPS showed 58 miles from home and 1 hour 3 minutes travel time. That's miraculous. The last 50-60 miles to Queens - from anywhere - never take less than 80-90 minutes. And that projection was accurate. I get it was late at night but this should have been equivalent of a Sunday summer night with everyone driving back from their weekend getaways.

Last edited:
Totality ended in Stowe, VT at 3:29. We were in car at 3:45 with an ETA of 9:02. Got out of Vermont at 11:58. Got home at 2:57.

Totally worth it.
Wow. The problem with Stowe is the only southbound major roadway also bears east. So you go out of your way or deal with lesser highways. And you didn’t even have to cross the Hudson, Harlem or East River or the Sound.
We were home at midnight exactly having left the same time more or less.

I don't have a better theory, but that was so far north and there is not enough population up there to explain everyone getting off the thruway, and there aren't any major connecting roadways there. And you would expect a substantial mass going south towards NYC regardless and there was now. At one point our GPS showed 58 miles from home and 1 hour 3 minutes travel time. That's miraculous. The last 50-60 miles to Queens - from anywhere - never take less than 80-90 minutes. And that projection was accurate. I get it was late at night but this should have been equivalent of a Sunday summer night with everyone driving back from their weekend getaways.
I've made the drive from Southern Saratoga County to Brooklyn more times than I can count since moving up here, and it's always been like that. I have no idea why, although queuing theory may explain it, at least in part. Whatever the case, as soon as you pass the first rest area, you're flying along until Ramapo.

AT&T can take their crappy information security and worse customer service and FRO.
I use their first responder network, Firstnet and it’s been nothing but shitty customer service agent with no training and no idea what they are doing after another. I’m pretty sure I lost days of my life on hold or explaining issues to them without getting the resolution I needed. You would think they would figure this shit out before fucking their “priority” network users over.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I use their first responder network, Firstnet and it’s been nothing but shitty customer service agent with no training and no idea what they are doing after another. I’m pretty sure I lost days of my life on hold or explaining issues to them without getting the resolution I needed. You would think they would figure this shit out before fucking their “priority” network users over.
I can believe it because their efforts to help me address the security issue they created have been ridiculously unhelpful. I did just mostly resolve it, but not in full, and it took hours just to reset my passcode.

Also I'm just fed up with the state of corporate info security which mostly exists to make my life harder without actually protecting my info.

The number of times one of my passwords was compromised because I used it for more than one account. - 0
Number of times my password was cracked because it was not strong enough - 0
Number of times it was decoded because it is guessable if you know me well - 0
Number of times I was social engineered into revealing it - 0

Number of times various companies harassed me about the above - approx 47 million.
Number of times those same companies have themselves exposed my info to scammers on the Dark Web - 17 million
Oh, better make that 17 million and 1. Thanks AT&T.

Reactions: JCMore
I can believe it because their efforts to help me address the security issue they created have been ridiculously unhelpful. I did just mostly resolve it, but not in full, and it took hours just to reset my passcode.

Also I'm just fed up with the state of corporate info security which mostly exists to make my life harder without actually protecting my info.

The number of times one of my passwords was compromised because I used it for more than one account. - 0
Number of times my password was cracked because it was not strong enough - 0
Number of times it was decoded because it is guessable if you know me well - 0
Number of times I was social engineered into revealing it - 0

Number of times various companies harassed me about the above - approx 47 million.
Number of times those same companies have themselves exposed my info to scammers on the Dark Web - 17 million
Oh, better make that 17 million and 1. Thanks AT&T.

Exactly.

Yes users should be more careful but it's all for nothing if the service provider doesn't have strict protocols for storage and access themselves.

It just seems way too easy for these corps to get hacked these days..