Pre-game Stuff?

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
i dont wanna see fireworks, and cheerleaders and flags on the field. i understand thats a tradityion for MLS, but its too flashy for my taste. whats everyone elses' thoughts

Reactions: NYJoe
Can't say I'm a fan either. I don't know how much Reyna, Pernetti and Co. will seek to play up to MLS stereotypes, but FWIW CFG have never really been into being flashy or showing off, so if they decide to treat pre-match stuff like they do the rest of their business, you can expect there to be more of a focus on videos and music and less on spectacle on the field (until kick-off, of course).

i dont wanna see fireworks, and cheerleaders and flags on the field. i understand thats a tradityion for MLS, but its too flashy for my taste. whats everyone elses' thoughts
So wait. Are you telling me you don't want to see a pair of sky-divers jumping from the edge of the Earth's atmosphere falling at terminal velocity towards the pitch - to be met by soaring fireworks, canon-fire and cheering Supporters Groups - who land centerfield and then pop open an ice cold refreshing can of Red Bull brand Energy Drink?

edit - cuz that's exactly what happened when I went to the RB season opener.

So wait. Are you telling me you don't want to see a pair of sky-divers jumping from the edge of the Earth's atmosphere falling at terminal velocity towards the pitch - to be met by soaring fireworks, canon-fire and cheering Supporters Groups - who land centerfield and then pop open an ice cold refreshing can of Red Bull brand Energy Drink?

Yea, id like to avoid that

I saw some videos on Youtube of when the RB played the Cosmos it looked pretty intense. Maybe there could be like a Mayors trophy kind of preseason thing. Wrong thread lol

Last edited:

is this serious? i had no idea.

I thought you guys were kidding. I looked up the RB season opener on YouTube. Words can't describe what I'm thinking. Smh

Let's just hope NYCFC keeps things on the classy side.