Pre-season Schedule Announced

How far are you from Manchester?

A good 150 miles, but there's a train I can take direct from London to Manchester which only takes about 2 1/2 hours. As the St Mirren game is an evening kick-off I'll have to find a hotel overnight (I actually just booked one) but for the Brondby game I will be able to go up and come back all in one day - I've done it plenty of times before for football matches.

I actually have a number of family members who live around Manchester, and I know a friend who is studying at the University there. I probably could've crashed with any of them, but the hotel was the easier option.

Didn't realize you were a Londoner. My sisters are both doing a study abroad program there this year (one this semester and the other in the fall). I'd like to go visit one or the other, but likely wont have the money. :(

Reactions: Kjbert
Didn't realize you were a Londoner. My sisters are both doing a study abroad program there this year (one this semester and the other in the fall). I'd like to go visit one or the other, but likely wont have the money. :(

Not quite a Londoner. I live just north of London, in a quiet little commuter town, but because of the way that the public transport network works, it's easier and quicker for me to go south into London to then transfer onto a north-bound train to Manchester than to take a different route.

Cool to hear about your sisters. Which uni are they at? It'd be good if you can find the money - London seems very same-y and regular to me, but I've spoken to a lot of Americans who've been there and they've all loved it - there's so much to do and see, it must be a real experience to those who don't see it all the time like I do. Just like I guess your attitude would be to someone who has never experienced NYC.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not quite a Londoner. I live just north of London, in a quiet little commuter town, but because of the way that the public transport network works, it's easier and quicker for me to go south into London to then transfer onto a north-bound train to Manchester than to take a different route.

Cool to hear about your sisters. Which uni are they at? It'd be good if you can find the money - London seems very same-y and regular to me, but I've spoken to a lot of Americans who've been there and they've all loved it - there's so much to do and see, it must be a real experience to those who don't see it all the time like I do. Just like I guess your attitude would be to someone who has never experienced NYC.

Gotcha. They're students at Ithaca College, which has an Ithaca London Center in Kensington, so it's not actually directly connected to a local uni. I would definitely like to head over there. I've done some traveling in Europe, but I've never been to the UK. We'll see.

Gotcha. They're students at Ithaca College, which has an Ithaca London Center in Kensington, so it's not actually directly connected to a local uni. I would definitely like to head over there. I've done some traveling in Europe, but I've never been to the UK. We'll see.
Are you from the Ithaca area or do they go away to college? Ithaca is a really nice place, about 30 minutes from me.

Hey Falastur Falastur - what do you think about Downton Abbey, Sherlock and Luther?

I'm actually not a huge TV watcher. I've seen Sherlock series 1+2 and I wanted to dislike it as I'm a bit of a traditionalist and don't like shows which reinterpret old classics in a modern day setting - Jeremy Brett is the real Sherlock to me. However, it was so well-made I just couldn't dislike it. I really need to see series 3 now.

As for Luther and Downton, they're both shows I know are highly acclaimed but I've never really seen them. Idris Elba is a legend though.

Anyway, I've dragged this a little off course and we should probably drag it back. If you want to continue this conversation it'd probably be best to either move it to a private chat or find a topical thread in the

How awesome would it be if the FO teamed up with Etihad and held a raffle to send some STH holders to Manchester for a friendly and some training sessions?

Didn't they do something before the Derby? This is a great ida.