Preseason - February 16 - Orlando

So we have have no clue what really went down over there besides some biased ORL perspective tweets. But it sure sounds like we were out shot and out possessed by an Orlando team that didn't even bring Nani in yet. Should we be worried Dome has lost the plot based on tonight's hearsay? Or just call it a night and not believe anything till we see it?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So we have have no clue what really went down over there besides some biased ORL perspective tweets. But it sure sounds like we were out shot and out possessed by an Orlando team that didn't even bring Nani in yet. Should we be worried Dome has lost the plot based on tonight's hearsay? Or just call it a night and not believe anything till we see it?

It's preseason. As long as guys got a good workout in that's all that matters. Results mean absolutely nothing right now.

I continue to maintain that our roster is one of the best in MLS. Perhaps the best aside from Atlanta. The concern is Dome. Nothing that happens until we start winning regular-season games can assuage that concern for me.

Remember last year when we lost every preseason game and people were throwing in the towel before the season even began?

in any case 5 shots from OCSC in the first 15 minutes (plus a free kick!) ain’t exactly heartening

As long as we had 85% possession and a +20xG then we have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Remember last year when we lost every preseason game and people were throwing in the towel before the season even began?

...and we were right ? Lol. Just kidding.

Ok. Half kidding.

Desperate for scraps here but:
  • Maxi pulled the trigger from distance
  • Ofori is seen making a pass that breaks the line
  • The above makes me feel like we missed a strange and rare game.
  • Gave us no idea about why we took so much pressure and seemingly so many shots.
  • Lewis looks dangerous. I wonder how he was in the defensive and positional aspects.

I'm really ticked off at the Lewis second yellow. The defender does the same move as Van Damme here. Lewis deserved two penalties. Fucking referees and their god damn inconsistencies.

At least the refs are in midseason form

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I'm really ticked off at the Lewis second yellow. The defender does the same move as Van Damme here. Lewis deserved two penalties. Fucking referees and their god damn inconsistencies.

Yeah, he was taken down twice. That first one he was in clear off the pass. Second same as VanDamme

I’m interested in how Scally looks considering he’s one hard tackle away from becoming the starting RB

Both 1st have goals in 2’ of one another came from the wing on his side. But I couldn’t see how he was/wasn’t involved from highlights.

Both 1st have goals in 2’ of one another came from the wing on his side. But I couldn’t see how he was/wasn’t involved from highlights.
Well, the first goal was a buildup from their fullback, and Lewis was deployed on the opposite side of the field, so I guess the Forums will blame the other wing..... or maybe not....

Reactions: Kjbert
Check out @NYCFC’s Tweet:
The context here is valuable, especially regarding the "we were without Mitri and maybe the new striker" comment which seemed like an excuse. He followed that up with comments about how preseason is not necessarily about the results, and an explanation about what he thought wasn't working.

Interestingly, he appeared to mention that our full back got caught 2 v 1 between their strikers and wingers which might suggest that our wingers weren't well positioned or weren't tracking their marks.

Also the comment at the end about Maxi playing as a striker might be a hedge against us not picking up a forward too soon.

I watched it slowed down (but a little fuzzy) and it look liked the defender did hook him a bit. At 1/10th speed it may look like Lewis hooked the defender, but to my eyes there was definitely contact.

Reactions: Ulrich