Votes: 73 92.4%
  • Lampard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Saunders

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
For whatever reason, it didn't really bother me that much. Maybe a little more license where the Red Bulls are concerned.

I certainly don't think that one chant cancels out all the noise they made the rest of the game.
Got it. Criticize people who boo; praise those who chant "fuck."

Last edited:
Anyone have pics of the tifo? And/or stadium sounds on video/youtube? I would love to see how the atmosphere was. Also, any videos of fans after the game outside the stadium?

Any fights pre or post game?

13558832_10205450977794128_7607942560930389438_o.jpg

No fights pre-game. NYPD and the new private security firm did a solid job with the ingress. I heard that there were some small issues on the egress but were handled quickly.

Big shout-out to R roxfontaine and all of the SG members that kept the stadium lit all game long !!! That was without a doubt the best atmosphere we've had ever. The Tifo was amazing - best yet!!! The songs never stopped, and the Come on New York cheer made it's way around to 228 a few times with everybody clapping & singing along - that's really becoming the team's cheer!!! Bring that energy every game!

Thanks but I had nothing to do with it.

More should be made of just how dirty RBNJ plays. It's disgusting.

My wife, who doesn't know much about the game, honestly asked me, "is it legal for that guy to bearhug Villa every time we kick it toward him?"

So yeah, it was bad.
fucking butchers, the lot of em

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
If Hernandez can fill in at all the backline positions, his value to the team improves. A jack of all trades backup for $200,000, a little steep. But won't kill us this season if we don't make a move this summer for another central defender.
i personally would rather keep hernandez then mena if we upgrade the backline. he provides mls vet leadership that mena doesnt and costs less. theres a reason that he gets the armband when villa isnt on the pitch.

interesting that mena started getting playing time right before the transfer window opened. wonder if we are showcasing him for other teams.

i personally would rather keep hernandez then mena if we upgrade the backline. he provides mls vet leadership that mena doesnt and costs less. theres a reason that he gets the armband when villa isnt on the pitch.

interesting that mena started getting playing time right before the transfer window opened. wonder if we are showcasing him for other teams.

Didn't Mena play last week because Hernandez was hurt? Then he started again for the same reason (Hernandez admitted to not training all week).

2 straight shutouts, I would hope PV keeps Mena in the starting lineup. But this is the same person who keeps playing Saunders for the leadership qualities you just described.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Your words not mine.
Try reading next time. Seriously, spend less time trying to target somebody by parsing their words and more time on the actual reading comprehension. It's easy.

I said they'd try to get under his skin and knock him off his game, which they did attempt with the sheer number of rough challenges by Felipe and Muhl. I never said they'd outright try and hurt him.

On another note, is it outrageous to think we can compete for the supporters shield? Or at least top in the east for spot in the Champions League?

the east is reachable but not the supporters shield...i think Colorado has are like 6 points ahead with two games in hand i think.

On chants I'm in the no "f***" camp. Far worse though is that there are still smatterings of puto chants at every game.

R roxfontaine that's the next big improvement.

If I had the energy I would bring a sign to the next game and point it backwards at our SS:

Hey Supporters
No More Puto Chant
#orlando #usa #weareone

I think one challenge to eliminating the puto chant is that five idiots can independently do it. In a void, 5 morons can be heard. I think an alternative chant would drown out the possibility in the future.

What if on every goal kick we chanted: Oooooooooooooo We Are One!

Or some other dorky word/phrase.

I legitimately don't like that guy. You've got to be a special sort of asshole for me to actually not like you. And he has it down pat. He's on my "will not watch a video he's in" list because I can't look at his ugly face without being pissed off.
Weird because he's pretty knowledgeable about American soccer and in real life he's not a bad guy. He correctly called this game as a breakout game for Jack.

So my local paper here in new haven had a column or so about the match which is nice since a few years ago I don't think they would have been covering soccer at all but here's the weird part, the article (which was supposedly Ap) referred to us multiple times as FCNYC .

Weird because he's pretty knowledgeable about American soccer and in real life he's not a bad guy. He correctly called this game as a breakout game for Jack.
He's a card carrying MLS 1.0 guy. He's spent years thinking MLS is summer special league where European tactics won't work, and only American coaches can succeed. NYCFC success is forcing all those guys to change hard held paradigms, that's hard for some guys

He may be. I wouldn't pretend to know. All I can go from is how much he seems to 1) hate NYCFC & 2) constantly over-rate players who have only played in MLS.

One of the many things I loved about this game is that in addition to outplaying them, we clearly out-coached them. There was a huge Xs and Os component to this victory. PV and the staff indeed know how to make adjustments and maneuver tactics.

Anyone that doesn't know: After NYCFC was not doing well at home (I believe it was after the Montreal game, Doyle went on their radio show and guaranteed that NYCFC would miss the playoffs (zero percent chance he said) - because they weren't getting results at home.

Since then, it has been a running discussion (especially once NYCFC started winning, and on the road) and he hasn't backed down, consistently saying "they can't win on the road" and their "defense is a tire fire".

I actually think Doyle is a good analyst and his stuff is usually on point, his tactical analysis is pretty good. (Not Zonal Marking...but still a must read). The only thing I would say is that he had serious biased towards certain teams/players.

And he picked NYCFC to miss the playoffs. Credit him for sticking to his guns, but it's getting a little onerous.

One other thing - how about giving PV credit for trying Iraola at CDM. Has Iraola ever played that position before?
Funny that in a "physical/fast" league that needs "destroyer" CDMs (it got Beckerman so many accolades) it is a converted outside back who is killing it.

Anyone that doesn't know: After NYCFC was not doing well at home (I believe it was after the Montreal game, Doyle went on their radio show and guaranteed that NYCFC would miss the playoffs (zero percent chance he said) - because they weren't getting results at home.

Since then, it has been a running discussion (especially once NYCFC started winning, and on the road) and he hasn't backed down, consistently saying "they can't win on the road" and their "defense is a tire fire".

I actually think Doyle is a good analyst and his stuff is usually on point, his tactical analysis is pretty good. (Not Zonal Marking...but still a must read). The only thing I would say is that he had serious biased towards certain teams/players.

And he picked NYCFC to miss the playoffs. Credit him for sticking to his guns, but it's getting a little onerous.

We have 6 home games and 10 away games left.

Home: Colorado, LA, Dallas, DC, Chicago, Columbus
Away: NE, SKC, Montreal, Red Bulls, San Jose, Columbus, Orlando, NE, Houston, DC

I see a mimimim of five wins from these games (DC, Chicago, Columbus at home and Houston, DC on the road). We can tie a bunch of these teams and likely lose to a few.

The better question is find six teams in the east that are better than us.