Rbny Supporters Should Be Ashamed

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong and I'll gladly admit it.
What we have for the the US V Azerbaijan game is Candlestick Park in San Francisco -- capacity 70,207
The ONLY tickets available via US Soccer site are FIELD level at $400 each. Lets call this one sold out.
STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE. MY SEARCH WAS LIMITED. APOLOGIES.
List of Tickets on Stubhub
http://www.stubhub.com/us-mens-national-team-tickets/

Only 700 on stubhub... out of 70,000.

For the RBNY game the ONLY people that have been allowed to purchase tickets thus far have been RBNY season ticket holders and VISA card holders (just yesterday for VISA).
New York Red Bulls Season Ticket Holders have a pre-sale window that goes from Thursday, April 24 at 10:00 AM to Friday, April 25 at 10:00 AM. Red Bulls Blue Members have a pre-sale window that goes from Friday, April 25 at 10:00 AM to Saturday, April 26 at 10:00 AM. These members can purchase up to a maximum of six tickets per account. All tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
Source - http://newyorkredbulls.com

RBNY Capacity - 25,000.
Yet there are 1,800+ tickets on stubhub!
So now actual football fans and USMNT supporters have to either pay a MASSIVE premium ($100 minimum for upper level!) or pray that they are drafted in a lottery process.
To enter lottery go to http://www.ussoccer.com/tickets/140601-us-men-vs-turkey

#RESPECT to RBNY Supporters section for not listing tickets.
Discuss.

Last edited:
In fairness those VISA card holders could be the problem. I imagine a lot of scalpers seeing how the demand is going tobe so high would use VISAs to buy their lot and dump them on stubhub

True but the RBNY season ticket holders were All allowed to buy up to 6 tickets I believe it was. While I'm sure the VISA ones were limited to a certain number to allow for remaining tickets to be placed in lottery.

VISA card members were allowed to buy 6 tickets too. All the $53 tickets were sold out when I was buying my tickets so I'm assuming all the lottery tickets will be the most expensive

Reactions: MikeDatTiger
It sucks, but what are you going to do? They're taking care of their ST holders by looking out for them. I'm sure other teams do it (not saying it makes it suck any less) and I'm sure down the road NYCFC will handle ticket distribution in a similar fashion.

As for Red Bull fans, I wouldn't be surprised if they purchased extra tickets for the purpose of reselling them if for no other reason than to recoup some of what they paid for the ticket they intend on using. Not a bad idea.

Reactions: MikeDatTiger
Easy to say VISA buyers are the ones putting them online but ALL tickets on sale are double/triple/quadruple the price.
Although I must respect the supporters section for holding on to their tickets and not selling.
Hopefully they will help generate an atmosphere.

I'm just happy I had a VISA card so I didn't have to go through the lottery bullshit

It's like everything else these days....only it's easier for scalpers and greedy grubbers to ruin things for the true fans and supporters. I always have a smile when as events get closer to happening (like the Super Bowl, etc.) and the prices start plunging. HA!

I had student tickets when I was a student at LSU. A lot of games I could have made enough to pay for all of my season tickets plus rent money. Never once sold them above cost. I would always go or find someone who couldn't get a ticket and let them have it or buy it at my cost. I think selling tickets above cost is despicable for a team you claim to love. Instead of a team you're supporting you're turning the team into a investment opportunity. That's never sat well with me.

Just an FYI, the American Outlaws sold thousands of tickets to members and non-member nationally. Also, USSC (the USSF supporter's rip-off) has been doing various pre-sales for the last few days as well, I bought mine on Monday. So these tickets could go well beyond just RBNY STH's.

Just an FYI, the American Outlaws sold thousands of tickets to members and non-member nationally. Also, USSC (the USSF supporter's rip-off) has been doing various pre-sales for the last few days as well, I bought mine on Monday. So these tickets could go well beyond just RBNY STH's.

That's good to know. I figure AO and other SC's would be covered. Still, when the RBNY fans are admitting to scalping on twitter its shameful.

That's good to know. I figure AO and other SC's would be covered. Still, when the RBNY fans are admitting to scalping on twitter its shameful.

I agree, but you got to put the blame on USSF. In this situation I would expect scalpers to come out of the woodwork's. It makes no sense to host a match just days before the World Cup, which has become such a huge deal in the US, in a 26k stadium near NYC. This match could have drawn a massive crowd and should have been played in MetLife.

I agree, but you got to put the blame on USSF. In this situation I would expect scalpers to come out of the woodwork's. It makes no sense to host a match just days before the World Cup, which has become such a huge deal in the US, in a 26k stadium near NYC. This match could have drawn a massive crowd and should have been played in MetLife.
If you're seeing RBNY fans selling tickets on twitter, just shame them. Call them out and retweet. If you're following any of us, or other NYCFC Supporters, you know we'll keep the momentum going.

If you're seeing RBNY fans selling tickets on twitter, just shame them. Call them out and retweet. If you're following any of us, or other NYCFC Supporters, you know we'll keep the momentum going.

I don't think you should shame them. Season tickets are an investment and usually require you to put down a good chunk of change. If someone decides to make a few bucks back on their investment because they have access to a perk like tickets to the US game I don't have a problem with it. If your favorite team made it to the Super Bowl and you sold your tickets to make some serious $$$ are you any less of a fan...of course not!

I don't think you should shame them. Season tickets are an investment and usually require you to put down a good chunk of change. If someone decides to make a few bucks back on their investment because they have access to a perk like tickets to the US game I don't have a problem with it. If your favorite team made it to the Super Bowl and you sold your tickets to make some serious $$$ are you any less of a fan...of course not!
To each his own. Personally, I still think it's pretty low.

To each his own. Personally, I still think it's pretty low.

Why is it low?

People always seem to complain when individuals sell tickets above face value but when the average Joe is selling his season ticket to a game he can't make for about quarter of what he paid no one seems to care. This is the reason I don't mind people selling their tickets to the US game. They're just taking advantage of a perk that comes with their season ticket investment.

Why is it low?

People always seem to complain when individuals sell tickets above face value but when the average Joe is selling his season ticket to a game he can't make for about quarter of what he paid no one seems to care. This is the reason I don't mind people selling their tickets to the US game. They're just taking advantage of a perk that comes with their season ticket investment.
I look at it as exploiting a perk. They are taking advantage of fans who don't have an inside connection.

I logged in precisely at 10 am when visa presale started. I searched all over for 2 tickets, and all I could get were front row. So, I'm the proud owner of seats just to the side of the US bench.

Not sure if I should be irritated, or grateful for the opportunity. I paid $200 each. They looked to be around $300 & up on stubhub at the time.

I look at it as exploiting a perk. They are taking advantage of fans who don't have an inside connection.

This connection wasn't free. The Red Bulls didn't have to offer a pre-sale to their season ticket holders but they did as a thank you and to add value to the fans season ticket investment. Whether the fan is looking to make a buck or go to the game the paying customer at the end of the day is happy and that's what the Red Bulls want. Season ticket holders deserve to have perks since technically they are the teams best customers. Are they exploiting the perk if the market crashes and they sell the ticket below face value?