San Antonio Pushing For Mls

7th largest city in the United States, right?

7th largest city in the United States, right?

Correct. This could be a great market for the MLS. Seems like this team has drawn great crowds so far and this plan for a new stadium helps their cause

by the way - Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the United States. I had no clue.

So you have no MLS team in...

The 6th largest US City (Phoenix), the 7th (San Antonio), the 8th (San Diego), the 11th (Austin), the 12th (Indianapolis), the 13th (Jacksonville), the 14th (San Francisco)...this could go on for a while. San Jose is the 10th largest city in the US. I had no clue.

There are MLS teams in...

1) New York (2)
2) Los Angeles (2)
3) Chicago (1)
4) Houston (1)
5) Philadelphia (1)
9) Dallas (1)
10) San Jose (1)
15) Columbus (1)
21) Seattle (1)
22) Denver (1)
23) Washington, DC (1)
24) Boston (1)
29) Portland (1)
37) Kansas City (1)
40) Atlanta (1)
77) Orlando (1)
124) Salt Lake City (1)

Reactions: Fabio
by the way - Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the United States. I had no clue.

The 6th largest US City (Phoenix), the 7th (San Antonio), the 8th (San Diego), the 11th (Austin), the 12th (Indianapolis), the 13th (Jacksonville), the 14th (San Francisco)...this could go on for a while. San Jose is the 10th largest city in the US. I had no clue.

1) New York (2)
2) Los Angeles (2)
3) Chicago (1)
4) Houston (1)
5) Philadelphia (1)
9) Dallas (1)
10) San Jose (1)
15) Columbus (1)
21) Seattle (1)
22) Denver (1)
23) Washington, DC (1)
24) Boston (1)
29) Portland (1)
37) Kansas City (1)
40) Atlanta (1)
77) Orlando (1)
124) Salt Lake City (1)
Miami???

1) New York (2)
2) Los Angeles (2)
3) Chicago (1)
4) Houston (1)
5) Philadelphia (1)
9) Dallas (1)
10) San Jose (1)
15) Columbus (1)
21) Seattle (1)
22) Denver (1)
23) Washington, DC (1)
24) Boston (1)
29) Portland (1)
37) Kansas City (1)
40) Atlanta (1)
77) Orlando (1)
124) Salt Lake City (1)

These are rankings by City, not metro area, just an FYI.

At what point does MLS see these cities pushing hard on stadium plans and say "you know what? Miami can wait. Let's get teams to Minny, San Antonio, and Sacramento first?"

As soon as they all have stadium plans and billionaire owners. With that said Minnesota is winning that battle. I think their main prob is Vikings vs Minnesota United.

I wonder if the handling of the Adrian Peterson situation will damage the Vikings' chances?

I wonder if the handling of the Adrian Peterson situation will damage the Vikings' chances?
I don't think it affects things. Vikings are sounding stronger and stronger. They are a Arthur Blank/Atlanta like investor that MLS likes.

Reactions: Kjbert
The current controversies in the NFL that are turning off sponsors and viewers are nothing but GOOD NEWS for everyone else. Sponsors and viewers might see MLS and soccer as another alternative to spending their money on.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yeah I prefer Miami over Orlando
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!
Mickey.jpg

Last edited: