Saunders Suspended

From 132 it didnt even look like a foul in real time. What a shocker. Meara will be fine though.

MLS caused us to lose to Chicago. We would have at least tied with Saunders in goal.

Not arguing that they have been consistent, just sharing the rules that purportedly govern how/why they issue post-match suspensions. For Saunders, the referee saw it and didn't take any action. That's why in the disciplinary opinion notes that it was unanimous. Apparently they unanimously agreed that the video showed "a clear and unequivocal" red card.

I'm still fairly new to MLS, so someone with more expertise feel free to correct me, but of the games I have watched so far this season (including, but not limited to NYCFC matches) there have been some pretty heavy handed calls. Saunders is the first post-match disciplinary action I have seen this season, but perhaps there have been other incidents (I could only find an MLS page only shows current disciplinary matters, not one that shows cumulatively what has happened this season). Are MLS players really that much more egregious and reckless in nature that there are many more straight reds than other leagues? Or does it have to do with the refereeing? My hunch is the latter. But again, I could be wrong.

FWIW, after watching the Saunders video a second time, I hadn't noticed that his right foot/studs were up so high. Definitely didn't notice it from behind the goal when I was at the game

Edit: @413Blue can you link to the thread? I only found Week 1 info
Some of it is refs, some of it is diving because it works because of refs. Some of it is good clean bad play. Lol