Season Average Attendance Predictions

the season ticket holders arent gonna go to EVERY game right? so i think the weekend games and important games (against RB) are gonna be the most filled at about 5-10k and thats being generous. i want to see the place filled to the top with fans, but lets be realistic, its in a baseball field, so the views arent gonna be too good

Can you add a poll to the thread?

The league average is 18.5k, so I don't know why some of you think NYC will be way below that..

i live in queens and the kids here dont care about it. some do, im trying to get people onto it, but they just have no intrest. hell kids here dont even consider themselves part of the city. keep the SSS in the bronx. it'll catch on once the team starts winning
how can people in howard beach get to a SSS in flushing? or maybe Little Neck or Whitestone?

I grew up in Broad Channel (next to Howard Beach and Crossbay Blvd runs through both) and went to Flushing all the time, Q53 to Roosevelt Ave and 7 Train...bam! :)

The Third Rail is how many members?

How many season tickets have been sold so far?

I haven't seen any evidence that we are going to draw a big crowd. Its still early so maybe support picks up, I certainly hope so. Until then, I don't see us having great attendance, although I am not well versed in what is considered high or low attendance for soccer. My feeling is 10,000.

Until then you guys can get all defensive and label me a pessimist or a troll or whatever. Personally, I am not going to get worked up over predictions, we will know soon enough.
Its not my intention to label you, however, if you think the attendance will only be in the 10k range, then you are also expecting this club to fail. If it averages that attendance, MLS will deem it a failure and convince the owners to move it to Sacramento. But I don't think that will and I am not sure you really understand the NYC soccer scene either.

as for my prediction sellout game 1 and Derbys, most other games around 10-15,

10 -15 would be a disaster.

Keep in mind that the last 5 expansion teams have been 17k+.

I'm not sure if you guys are being pessimistic or really do think we're going to struggle.

10 -15 would be a disaster.

Keep in mind that the last 5 expansion teams have been 17k+.

I'm not sure if you guys are being pessimistic or really do think we're going to struggle.
Just keeping expectations in check, due to the market and how its still going to take time for MLS to break through in NYC, however if anyone has the financial and marketing ability to do it, it will be MCFC & NYY. of course if the team is riding high early, and the papers and news give it more than a brief mention, attendance will rise and if they pull of a championship in year one, season 2 will have near sellouts through the season.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
NYCFC has to start putting some advertisements out there on the TV to "get your season tickets now for April." Especially since the world cup is attracting so many new American soccer fans. Bars are being packed out by fans all over the city who didn't know what the world cup was 3 weeks ago but now they are hooked. We need to get them signed on now so they don't lose this soccer fever.