Season Ticket Renewals

Do you guys have a number on the back of your card? Mine does, and not sure what significance (if any) there is, but the number on mine is 1,350. Bought my ticket in April 2014, in the first 3k
Mine have numbers too but they are in the 5ks and I definitely was in early like you so they don't appear to be relevant.

Mine have numbers too but they are in the 5ks and I definitely was in early like you so they don't appear to be relevant.
The numbers on the back of each of mine are different, consecutive, and in the 3900s. I was about to theorize that this might be the order in which seats were sold, but if you were in super early and have numbers in the 5ks that doesn't mesh.
I suspect it started out at number 123000. Which seems like it would be a standard starting point on a new customer tracking system.

I ordered my season tickets extremely early, so early that my confirmation email was just that, a standard text email.
If this is correct and 123000 was STH #1 (supposedly Mariano Rivera) then I'm higher than I thought, and in the first 1500.

Aye the only logical conclusion we can safely draw then is that the account numbers, at least the ones we can see, are utterly meaningless.

Reactions: JayH
I sat in an empty seat in the last row of 232B a couple of weeks ago. It was blistering hot and I needed that shade. Nice seat! Would definitely consider it for next season. Was mildly annoyed by the foul pole being in the way so I'd probably move a bit more towards the center or towards the end.

Definitely liked it up there, and no smoke bombs or goal-celebration flying beer to worry about.

Why didn't you ask him to move?

ba-dum-tish.gif

Aye the only logical conclusion we can safely draw then is that the account numbers, at least the ones we can see, are utterly meaningless.

You can at least ballpark it by STH perks, I guess. For example, I got my name on the founder's scary, which should mean I was in the first 3k. (I assume that's what your sig is based on.)

I'm on the scarf. Thought I was in early. Pretty sure I reserved my season tickets within the first 2 hours back in April 2014 (I think). My purchase time slot was Sept 9 at 4:45.

I had first row seats in my shopping cart and got booted out of the system. Got back in and ended up with second row aisle in 136. Very happy with my seats but would have loved front row.

Does anyone else still know the time/date for their purchase window?

Initial deposit 7/28/14. Seat selection 9/19/14. Thanks, compulsive gmail archiving!

Reactions: FootyLovin
If the people in the row in front of me are STH, they sure like selling their seats and not going to the games. Different people in those seats every game - even had RBNJ people in there once.
I think a lot of people who got in early bought in multiple seat locations and sell quite a few of their tickets. First row tickets sell very well. In fact, the secondary market for good seats is pretty strong -- which is a bad thing because it tells the ownership group that they may have underpriced the tickets...

If that's the case I would at least hope ownership (who can track when these tickets get sold via the secondary market, especially if people do it through ticketmaster's secondary market) would revoke season tickets for people who sell more than half of them... Not that it's bloody likely. But if someone's going to get the higher price I'd rather it be the ownership group than scalpers.

I think a lot of people who got in early bought in multiple seat locations and sell quite a few of their tickets. First row tickets sell very well. In fact, the secondary market for good seats is pretty strong -- which is a bad thing because it tells the ownership group that they may have underpriced the tickets...

Reactions: FootyLovin
If that's the case I would at least hope ownership (who can track when these tickets get sold via the secondary market, especially if people do it through ticketmaster's secondary market) would revoke season tickets for people who sell more than half of them... Not that it's bloody likely. But if someone's going to get the higher price I'd rather it be the ownership group than scalpers.

I have some sympathy for this way of thinking. But just as a data point I have sold my ST seat for about half the games, despite attending all but one game, because I prefer to go with others when possible - and more of my friends have been interested than I expected.

But if someone's going to get the higher price I'd rather it be the ownership group than scalpers.

Think about what you're saying here. You'd rather EVERYONE pay higher ticket prices, including the vast majority of STHs that sit in their own seats, so the ownership group can get more money than scalpers?

I just did the math and see that I sold more than half of my front-row 200 level seats so far. I knew that this year would be tough, with wedding/honeymoon and the final full season of my military contract. If they do revoke my seats, I would be upset. They are great seats and about half-way through next season I will have nothing concrete on my schedule so I should attend the vast majority of matches.
While I knew I would miss a bunch of games early, getting the seniority locked up was very important because like most of us, I see this as a long term investment and i'll be taking my grandkids to matches 40 years from now before I pass down my amazing seats! It would have been foolish not to buy in now.
I agree with the sentiment that buyers who bought with the sole intention of selling every game are pieces of shit, and hopefully the club singles them out and gives them the boot at some point.

I just did the math and see that I sold more than half of my front-row 200 level seats so far. I knew that this year would be tough, with wedding/honeymoon and the final full season of my military contract. If they do revoke my seats, I would be upset. They are great seats and about half-way through next season I will have nothing concrete on my schedule so I should attend the vast majority of matches.
While I knew I would miss a bunch of games early, getting the seniority locked up was very important because like most of us, I see this as a long term investment and i'll be taking my grandkids to matches 40 years from now before I pass down my amazing seats! It would have been foolish not to buy in now.
I agree with the sentiment that buyers who bought with the sole intention of selling every game are pieces of shit, and hopefully the club singles them out and gives them the boot at some point.
I think we can arrange a military waiver on this otherwise fine idea. ;)

Thanks for your service.

Reactions: BxLio91

Valid point... 50% was maybe underestimating. Can we at least agree someone who sold every single home match seat should probably be investigated on a one-by-one basis?

Think about what you're saying here. You'd rather EVERYONE pay higher ticket prices, including the vast majority of STHs that sit in their own seats, so the ownership group can get more money than scalpers?

Not really... It's just annoying. Maybe I'd rather the FO put a high premium on Front Row ST though than let them go to ticket brokers. I just hate ticket brokers a lot. :p

Without some warning or rule about resales, it wouldn't be fair to punish those who resell their season tickets. Indeed, the club facilitates resales through its website.

Full disclosure, I bought season tickets midway through the year knowing I couldn't go to all the games, but confident I could break even by reselling when I can't. More importantly, sometimes when I have or will resell, it's because I am attending the game in a larger group and have bought blocks of tickets elsewhere. I am not a scalper or in this to make money. I just want to support the team.

More importantly, sometimes when I have or will resell, it's because I am attending the game in a larger group and have bought blocks of tickets elsewhere. I am not a scalper or in this to make money. I just want to support the team.

Good point. I've sold two matches in which I attended elsewhere. Once with a larger group of friends who all wanted to sit together, and once because I saw some awesome midfield seats for below face on TM+ and wanted to check it out. In the future, i'll probably sell my seats every now and then and grab some supporters seats.