Season Tickets

NickA

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
curious about renewals.

Anyone know around when that's expected to happen and how the seat upgrades work? I am assuming there's a timeframe for current st holders to renew, but how can you upgrade until that timeframe is over...in which then you're beat if you didn't renew your original seats. I'm definitely renewing, but would like a little better seat.

Also curious who's renewing, who's on the bubble and who's coming aboard.

curious about renewals.

Anyone know around when that's expected to happen and how the seat upgrades work? I am assuming there's a timeframe for current st holders to renew, but how can you upgrade until that timeframe is over...in which then you're beat if you didn't renew your original seats. I'm definitely renewing, but would like a little better seat.

My experience with season ticket renewals is that they generally happen after the current season is over.

But that's just one man's experience.

All kidding aside, they will probably sent out renewals before the end of the year and will ask people when they renew to indicate if they want to upgrade. Then once the renewal deadline is over, they will work down the list of upgrade requests, probably in some order that looks at when you originally signed up and what price level your current tickets are.

Reactions: NickA
curious about renewals.

I think if you want to upgrade now, including the games left this season, they'll take your money and let you have any currently unsold seat. If you want to upgrade next year's seats, I don't think you can jump the line by asking to do it now but you'll never know unless you call your ticket rep. As for the schedule and procedure, I think FredMertz FredMertz 's guess is as close as anyone knows right now.

It'll be VERY tough to move seats to better ones. Unless people cancel their tickets. If you go online now and try to purchase season tickets you'll see that almost every section is completely sold out.
I know mine sold out before season even started.
But as mentioned before, usually you don't renew until season ends. Contact your rep as far as upgrading or moving is concerned.

From NYCFC.com's ticket policy site:

RENEWING/RELOCATION: As a season ticket members you will have the first right to keep your seats for the following year, barring any change in the number of seats purchased. By reducing the number of season tickets on your account you become subject to relocation in order to avoid leaving a single seat in any row. Renewals will start annually in August.

If you are interested in relocating your seat location for the next season you will have to renew your current seats and register for the relocation event by emailing SeatSelection@nycfc.com prior to the annual renewal deadline. All seats that are not renewed after the initial deadline will be dropped and other season ticket members will be able to relocate into those seats.

By signing up for the relocation process, you are not obligated to change your seats. If nothing better is available, you will still have your current seats secured.

From NYCFC.com's ticket policy site:

RENEWING/RELOCATION: As a season ticket members you will have the first right to keep your seats for the following year, barring any change in the number of seats purchased. By reducing the number of season tickets on your account you become subject to relocation in order to avoid leaving a single seat in any row. Renewals will start annually in August.

If you are interested in relocating your seat location for the next season you will have to renew your current seats and register for the relocation event by emailing SeatSelection@nycfc.com prior to the annual renewal deadline. All seats that are not renewed after the initial deadline will be dropped and other season ticket members will be able to relocate into those seats.

By signing up for the relocation process, you are not obligated to change your seats. If nothing better is available, you will still have your current seats secured.

Thanks for that. Starts in August, hmm, earlier than thought. Maybe it stays open for a few months though. Going to contact them about the upgrade though before. Doesn't hurt.

Definitely will be renewing mine as well, pretty happy with the Delta seats.

Thanks for that. Starts in August, hmm, earlier than thought. Maybe it stays open for a few months though. Going to contact them about the upgrade though before. Doesn't hurt.
Yes it will likely be open for a bit. That's when most other MLS teams generally start the process and have the first deadline anywhere from early october until December. After that first deadline, you will either risk losing your seats and/or your renewal discount, but may still have a second deadline to renew possibly at a higher price and your seats may be gone.
We obviously won't know for sure, and all teams do things differently, but that's the general framework of the process that I have seen in MLS. Teams with higher demand will generally have an earlier initial deadline plus a greater risk that you lose your seats and discount. Clubs with lower demand, like New England, have a much lower pressure system because they don't want to lose anyone.

I'm definitely renewing, I just hope we get first dibs on our own seats before they release them to the public. They did say we get priority, but what does that mean exactly?

I'm definitely renewing, I just hope we get first dibs on our own seats before they release them to the public. They did say we get priority, but what does that mean exactly?
The official policy quoted a few posts above says: "As a season ticket members you will have the first right to keep your seats for the following year, barring any change in the number of seats purchased."
I take this to mean there will be a deadline and if you put your deposit down by that deadline you are guaranteed to get your seats unless you raise or lower the number of seats you buy.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I'm renewing for sure. I want to see if I can move up a few rows. That would be nice.

If you're renewing you keep your seats as long as you're not adjusting the number of seats. If you give them up, any current season ticket holders who want to relocate there have a crack at them before any new STH.

All in all though, a little too early to be thinking about this, no?

Reactions: Drainyoo and Gene
All in all though, a little too early to be thinking about this, no?

Taking a break from the player rumors.

Sometimes things aren't communicated correctly or it's easy to miss amongst everything else going on. We are almost at the 1/2 way point, so I didn't think it was too early to discuss. It's a new team, odd stadium. Just curious who's renewing, who's not, who's upgrading, how it all works. That's all. No big deal.

I am definitely renewing, and certainly not relocating. I love the fact I sit in the first row of my section!

Definitely renewing. I have one seat in 237, the supporters section. Love the energy there but have been "sampling" other sections as the season's progressed just for grins. 225-227 look pretty good as they're near midfield but also under the upper deck for rain and sun protection. Near the away supporters though, and more than twice the price of where I am now.

The supporters section is cool because A) it's like I'm surrounded by family as opposed to just going by myself and B) they're not expensive. Any other seats are cool because A) most are underneath the section above so you have weather protection and B) they actually have, well, seats.

Haven't really been able to choose so far.

I'm definitely renewing. I'm probably going to keep my current seat and buy another one in supporters.

That's actually a good idea. I like my seats but if there's a time I have to go alone, the supporters section is the place to be.

That's actually a good idea. I like my seats but if there's a time I have to go alone, the supporters section is the place to be.

Yep. A few games I've left my seat and walked over to supporters for a while. It's a nice option to have. I could probably get away with doing it indefinitely but I'm thinking having an actual pass would be a nice bonus.

I will definitely be renewing in section 136. Will definitely keep the same three seats in the first row