Section For Next Year

EganSoccerWords

Registered
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Aug 9, 2015
So yesterday, I got "season tickets" for the last three games in section 214A with the plan of testing these seatings out and possibility moving somewhere else next season. I choose 214A mainly for price reasons so I could afford a second ticket (Category 6) but I also figure that the Category 5 tickets that are closer to field might result in you not seeing part of the field. I have never sat behind either goal in the games (2 in the upper deck midfield and 1 in the right field bleachers) I've gone to this season so I am looking for some feedback.

If you have seats behind either goal do you like being in the center of the field or closer to the corner? What's the atmosphere like in your section? Can you see the whole field?

Is the sun an issue during day games in your section? How far up to you have to be covered?

I'm also considering swapping ends of the field with perhaps section 234 in mind to be closer to the supporter sections (I like to chant) but far enough away from the tasers and I like to sit. If you sit in 234, what is the atmosphere like? Are there any issues being close to the supporter section? Do they limit beer purchases like in the bleachers? Is the sun an issue during day games?

Thanks!

Given my preference, I'd always like to sit out by the right field foul pole (208 and out), but since I'm not a STH that hasn't always been an option for us. The last two matches found us sitting in 214B and 212 which, of course, are behind the net along the first base line.

TBH, I never noticed the angle of the sun in either section, because I've always made sure to buy tickets in the last row so it wouldn't matter. Going by the picture below I'd have to say it looks like the entire section (214B) may be covered. Anyone who knows better can feel free to straighten me out if I'm in error.

11026280_10204852625379959_7105824106132777120_n.jpg

The action is great when play is down in this end, but it can kind of get lost when it's on the other side of the building. It's also a great angle for watching plays develop. For example during the Columbus match it was quite evident in the 1st half Mullins was running straight down the middle while the passes from midfield were going to Villa, who was attacking wide into the spaces left open by defenders being pulled inside to cover Mullins. Fascinating stuff.

The next picture is from 207. It looks like the foul pole is a pain in the ass, but quite honestly once the match started you really didn't notice it. You have a great angle to the net in front of you.......

11143364_10204956303168183_6261376636471104027_n.jpg

.......and a much better angle to the net on the other side than that of 214B.

11709602_10204956309768348_6781090842540809920_n.jpg

The next match we're heading to is vs San Jose and I'm looking to grab a pair in section 206, so the foul pole shouldn't be an issue there at all. But, as they say, YMMV.

As for atmosphere, it is rather sedate in this area of the stadium as compared to the others, because I believe several of the sections are designated as "Family Sections" (209-210-211?). There is noise and chanting, but nowhere near that by the SG sections.

Last edited:
Section 136 Row 2. I am on the aisle next to the bullpens. So I am basically in front of the exact middle of the supporters.

Pros:
  • Great atmosphere. Wonderful chanting, noise. Standing the whole game. Terrific energy.
  • Pretty close to the field there.
  • Clear view of 100% of the field.
  • Outstanding view of anything close to that goal.
Cons:
  • Higher up rows have complained of getting splashed with beer from the SS after NYC goals.
  • Full on sun exposure in 90 degree summer heat during day games.
  • Clear but very distant view of opposite goal. As a pretty big soccer fan I don't tend to mistake a near miss for a goal, but I notice many others who might not follow the action as closely as I do get tricked by close calls on the far side.

Not a season ticket holder but been to 9 matches. Sat in a few different places but I rather like 213/214. Right behind the goal you can see great the action at the goal your at and more than well enough all across the field. I've enjoyed it when I've been on the other end and near the supporters section but I do sort of prefer to watch the play try to see every pass and run rather than be overly loud myself.

Reactions: EganSoccerWords
234 is heaven to me. I'm in the back rows so full shade cover the whole game and direct view of the field from behind the goal. you lose the corners a bit on the left field side. The section overlooks the Bleachers, so you get the atmosphere of the supporters without being dragged up the stairs and tasered. #Winning

I was in 211 at the start of the year but am now in 233A after picking up a second ticket.

If possible I'd like to be back on the 211-214 area next year because there are always open seats in the unsold section of 234 - which means if you have tickets across the stadium you can move at halftime so as to always be on the side NYCFC is attacking. I have no complaints about the view from either seat. I sat in 206 for one game and thought that view was even better but those seats are more expensive. I have spent a lot of time dithering over the best seats from my chair at home but when I get to the stadium every seat feels great.

Anything 211-216 is great for a view of the pitch, sometimes a little quiet though. Also a chance that those of use that love to yell profanity need to be careful as there are a few families or kids in there. Good prices in that section too.

I also sat in a corner section one week (232A), partly blocked by that yellow pole, but as Gene mentioned, it doesn't really get in the way.

Last game we were in 114B with super cushy seats (talk about armchair supporters... *rimshot*) and the view of the field isn't as good, IMO. Plus you have militant stadium staff making sure no riff-raff get in to the posh seats so you have to present your ticket anytime you do anything.

Didn't get a season ticket this year, due to being unemployed for a while, but next year's season ticket is likely to be in the 211-216 section, or GA. Or, if i'm feeling flush, the lower tier, because comfy seats.

How far down can you go to still get the roof covering?
The 300 deck covers about to the 10th row of the 200 deck, at least in the sections along the third base side. I figure 14th row or higher will be under a roof for most purposes except for wind-blown rain.

234 is a little subdued for me, personally. A lot of smartphone activity. Last match I kept getting told to sit down by newcomers to the section. Where I sit gets a lot of sun but the back rows are well shaded. I'm pretty set on getting into the SS next season.

Reactions: Tony L
127B. No protection from the elements unless ur in the back. All sun for 1pm starts. Just about half a game of sun for 4pm starts. Got the food court, beer guy stand and bathrooms right up the stairs. Right about at midfield. Fans are good in the section. I'm re-upping here for next season.

Reactions: JayH
I've sat a couple of times in the front of 208. Those aren't currently sold in a season ticket package, but I would love it if they were.

I'm in 226, row 12. Benefits are that it is right on the midfield line, there is sun cover at pretty much all times and should be rain cover (other than snow early in the year, we've had virtually none). And a great view of the entire field. The major negative is that it is far away from pretty much the entire field. It is also near the traveling fans section, which I think is fun, but some might not like. I expect I'll keep the same seats next year.