Short, Easy To Remember Chants.

Anton M.

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 18, 2014
First of all, apologies if somebody already came up with similar chants. I just added minor changes to popular European chants. Let me know what you think.

1) -We don't care about Red Bulls(insert any other team)
They don't care about us
All we care about is City FC!

Tune of Chelsea's "We don't care about Rafa"

2) -Sing when you're winning
You only sing when you're winning
Sing when you're winning
You only sing when you're winning!

Tune of the popular derivative "There is only one..."

Speaking of..
3) -One Jason Kreis
There is only one Jason Kreis
One Jason Kreis
There is only one Jason Kreis!

Tune is same as #2

4) When opposition fans are leaving the game early, especially when we play away,

-Is there a fire drill?(x4)
Tune of "Rigoletto La Donna e Mobile"

Or good old American,

-Beat the traffic!
Tune of "Let's go Rangers!" chant

5) This one is appropriate when the opposition fans start booing our players/referee's decisions,
-It's never your fault
It's never your fault
Always the victims
It's never your fault!

Lastly, seeing how our biggest rival is from the shit hole that is Harrison, NJ(no offense to NYCFC fans from there), I wanted to modify the popular "In your Liverpool slums.." substituting "Liverpool" with "Harrison" or "New Jersey" and Americanizing the lyrics a little. Let me know if you think it's a good idea.
-------------------------

Here's some more..

When opposition fans are quiet,
6) -Where's your famous atmosphere
Where's your famous
Where's your famous
Where's your famous atmosphere?
OR
We forgot that you are here
We forgot
We forgot
We forgot that you are here

Hard to describe the tune, YouTube it

Next one is a little controversial because it's based on a famous Chelsea chant,
7) -Carefree, wherever we may be (no clap, raise hands)
We're the famous N-Y-C (slow clap)
And we don't, give a fuck (fast clap)
Whoever you may be (fast clap)
Cause we're the famous N-Y-C (fast clap)

Tune of "Lord of the Dance" chorus

During a free-kick or a penalty that we might score,
8) -Bounce in a minute
We're gonna bounce in a minute
Bounce in a minute
We're gonna bounce in a minute

Tune of "There is only one..."

9) -clap(1), clap(1), clap(3), clap(4) City! (or New York)

10) -City(normal), City(louder), City(louder+), City(louder++),
City(quieter), City(quieter+), City(quieter++)
(or New York)

Hope this makes sense. You chant progressively louder 4 times, and then quieter 3 times. So basically you are chanting City or NY 7 times in a row

11) -We know what we are
We know what we are
Best team in New York
We know what we are!

If the opposition fans are singing, but we are winning,
12) -clap(1), clap(1), clap(3), You keep singing, We keep scoring!(repeat until they stop singing)

13) -We're loud, we play,
and we are here to stay,
Third rail! Third rail!

14) -Don't mess, with us,
We'll make this day your last,
Third rail! Third rail!

Both chants can be combined into one. More verses can be added.

15) -Have you ever seen Red Bulls win the Cup,
Have you ever seen Red Bulls win the Cup,
Have you ever seen Red Bulls,
Ever seen Red Bulls,
Ever seen Red Bulls win the Cup?
Have you fuck!

Tune of anti-Liverpool chant, "Have you ever seen Gerrard win the league?"

Last edited:
Honestly, those kind of songs are the kinds of things which should just start naturally, they shouldn't need to either be planned or agreed. It just needs one person to start singing them and other people to find them funny and join in.

Reactions: NYJoe
Sure, but people who are not familiar with European chats will have a hard time learning them unless they see them here first.

The beauty of these chants is how brief they are, though, and many have repeated lines. I guarantee that you'd only need to hear the "we don't care about Red Bulls" once before you could join in. You'd only need about 5 seconds to join in with "is there a fire drill?" And once you've heard each of these, you'll know them for next game, too.

Trust me, in Europe the vast majority of new chants are learned through the hear-and-repeat method.

Reactions: Anton M.
The beauty of these chants is how brief they are, though, and many have repeated lines. I guarantee that you'd only need to hear the "we don't care about Red Bulls" once before you could join in. You'd only need about 5 seconds to join in with "is there a fire drill?" And once you've heard each of these, you'll know them for next game, too.

Trust me, in Europe the vast majority of new chants are learned through the hear-and-repeat method.
I get your point, but this is not Europe. Singing at sporting events is not part of the culture here, and its not so simple to just implement it at will.

There is a reason for the US style of supporting and singing being different than the European style. It works better on this side of the pond. Having a set of preplanned songs/chants is more likely to have success in this culture than having everybody waiting around for somebody else to come up with a clever chant on the spot.

I get your point, but this is not Europe. Singing at sporting events is not part of the culture here, and its not so simple to just implement it at will.

There is a reason for the US style of supporting and singing being different than the European style. It works better on this side of the pond. Having a set of preplanned songs/chants is more likely to have success in this culture than having everybody waiting around for somebody else to come up with a clever chant on the spot.
Well, we are planning them right now. Hopefully people will take a look at this very helpful forum and will be aware of existence of these chants. I do have to say that this "not part of our culture" point doesn't have to be so. We have a unique opportunity to shape the supporter base from ground up, and I'm confident that with the right leadership and vocal "core supporters," we can create a European-like atmosphere where singing is happening all throughout the match.

Well, we are planning them right now. Hopefully people will take a look at this very helpful forum and will be aware of existence of these chants. I do have to say that this "not part of our culture" point doesn't have to be so. We have a unique opportunity to shape the supporter base from ground up, and I'm confident that with the right leadership and vocal "core supporters," we can create a European-like atmosphere where singing is happening all throughout the match.
I agree to an extent, I was really responding more to falstur's comment that the songs shouldnt be planned or agreed upon. I think without planning, its not gonna happen.

I wasn't suggesting that no songs ever need to be planned. However, for brief things like these, they are almost easier to improvise.

Chants #11, 12 added. Number 12 is 100% original, not based on anything. If you noticed, I try to create chants for specific situations. I never want to have a moment during the match when we don't have anything clever to chant, whether we are losing or winning.

To the tune of "I've Been Working On The Railroad"

We all cheer for New York City
All the livelong day
We all cheer for New York City
At the home games and away
You can always hear us singing
Sea to shining sea,
We can never be defeated
NYCFC!

Someone on the Facebook group suggested this and I thought it was clever.

Watching Red Bulls losing to Sporting KC inspired me to write #15