Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Has anybody seen this yet? Rather industrial, but I think it would fit in quite nicely in the Iron Triangle, aesthetically speaking. Probably could say the same for the GAL site, as well as some dark horse locations like Red Hook in Brooklyn.

Looks big, though. Definitely more than 27,000 seats. Then again, having a soccer-specific World Cup quarterfinal-qualified venue in NYC for 2026 would be awfully dandy, eh?

2022 World Cup to Use World's First Transportable Stadium in Qatar - YouTube

Reactions: Kjbert
Has anybody seen this yet? Rather industrial, but I think it would fit in quite nicely in the Iron Triangle, aesthetically speaking. Probably could say the same for the GAL site, as well as some dark horse locations like Red Hook in Brooklyn.

Looks big, though. Definitely more than 27,000 seats. Then again, having a soccer-specific World Cup quarterfinal-qualified venue in NYC for 2026 would be awfully dandy, eh?

2022 World Cup to Use World's First Transportable Stadium in Qatar - YouTube
Hard to imagine a club owned by the Emirates Royal Family taking the sloppy seconds of the Qataris...

Hard to imagine a club owned by the Emirates Royal Family taking the sloppy seconds of the Qataris...
No doubt. I was just having a little fun. Although relations have gotten a little better between Qatar and the UAE recently. Plus, you know, money.

In all seriousness though, I'm sure we already have a blueprint. And I'm sure it's a modular construction design (it's the way to go). What we need is a location.

It’s also a very ugly stadium. I don’t think want luxury boxes or bathrooms in a shipping container.
Yeah, we can do a lot better (I'm sure we already have). And the other stadiums in Qatar are gorgeous. This seems to be a bit of a demonstration project.

A lot of the modules are destined for Africa already. It was all about being able to transport them to fairly remote or underdeveloped areas. So in that sense the design is successful. It would look pretty bad sitting next to Yankee Stadium or Citi Field, though.

One can dream, right?
In surprise press conference Mayor Adams announces new NYCFC stadium, including NYCFC Champion Cheesesteaks™ as the exclusive stadium food.

AdamsCheesesteak.png

If only Adams had a relative in the stadium construction business, shovels would already be in the ground.

I guess, in some way, his openness to shadiness is a good sign for stadium progress.

5 year old article??
That's exactly the point. We've known how to design these stadiums at the right size and for the right cost for a while, and other teams have done it. Some of them are downright gorgeous. And CFG knows all about folding local development into club activities, including managing the stadium site to benefit local interests.

Yet here we are. Like I said, so damn frustrating.

Last edited: