Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I saw a post on Twitter today saying something along the lines of Eric Adams wants NYCFC stadium in Bronx. Anyone happen to stumble upon that? It was like a picture posted with a quote
I haven’t seen that, but have seen that the Bronx Times just published Cary Goodman’s open letter to Adams saying the Bronx needs a soccer stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
Does anybody really think this will make any difference? They should have written to the Yankees and Adams instead. Cfg is more than willing to spend the cash. It's the local govt red tape and the Yankees that's holding things up.

It's not like cfg is holding things up trying to get a free stadium. 500 mill is a drop in the bucket for them.

Does anybody really think this will make any difference? They should have written to the Yankees and Adams instead. Cfg is more than willing to spend the cash. It's the local govt red tape and the Yankees that's holding things up.

It's not like cfg is holding things up trying to get a free stadium. 500 mill is a drop in the bucket for them.
Honestly it’s an intimidation tactic. Basically have the multi-billion dollar crown prince throw there weight around the nyc real estate market. I think it’s dumb but I guess its worth a shot and creates some publicity?

Reactions: moogoo

IMO it doesn’t matter who they write it to. CFG can take this letter to the Yankees and mayor if they want to. If anyone at the Yankees or mayor’s office cares what the 161st Street BID thinks that works just as well as if they write direct. If anything it’s more public this way.

Unfortunately, there was a screwup with the mail and he let his subscription to the Bronx Times lapse.

IMO it doesn’t matter who they write it to. CFG can take this letter to the Yankees and mayor if they want to. If anyone at the Yankees or mayor’s office cares what the 161st Street BID thinks that works just as well as if they write direct. If anything it’s more public this way.

Yep, this exactly. This is purely for publicity and trying to put pressure on everyone to get it done.

Reactions: Kjbert and Higgs1
Am I reading these letters wrong? I am reading the first letter to the mayor and now this letter as that the team and city are not including the local area specifically with the BID, in the potential development of a stadium. It sounds like they want to be in the involved, as they want say, or piece of the action in the developement.

Last edited:
Am I reading these letters wrong? I am reading the first letter to the mayor and now this letter as that the team and city are not including the local area specifically in the BID, in the potential development of a stadium. It sounds like they want to be in the involved, as they want say, or piece of the action in the developement.

I know significantly less than some of our posters on here, but to me it seems like there are a handful of entities that have a little political pull that want a seat at the table/their voices to be heard on what could be a major development decision for an area that frankly needs some development.

I thought this line was particularly intriguing: "Let us develop a plan that allows City Football Group and those who live, work, own businesses or property in the district to become stadium partners."

That reads to me as the 161st St. BID asking CFG to step in and take over from the Yankees. Which is pretty sensible, actually; City has a very good track record of working with local stakeholders on development projects around their stadia.

The Yankees -- not so much.

What makes it intriguing is the name in the header. It's the same as this guy, who wrote a Letter to the Editor in the same publication a few days earlier. But that letter hinted the open letter would be addressed to Mayor Adams: "The BID’s ask will take the form of an open letter to Mayor Adams in the Bronx Times." [Letter: Mayor Adams we need a soccer stadium in the South Bronx – Bronx Times (bxtimes.com)]

Instead, it was addressed to Sheikh Mansour.

I thought this line was particularly intriguing: "Let us develop a plan that allows City Football Group and those who live, work, own businesses or property in the district to become stadium partners."

That reads to me as the 161st St. BID asking CFG to step in and take over from the Yankees. Which is pretty sensible, actually; City has a very good track record of working with local stakeholders on development projects around their stadia.

The Yankees -- not so much.
I wouldn't read too into the part about CFG taking over from the Yankees.

What Cary Goodman is really getting at, is he wants a Neighborhood Ownership Plan that allows the local community to "own stock" in the stadium. (https://www.gothamgazette.com/opini...ments-with-neighborhood-stock-ownership-plans)

This was a new article from Goodman this morning (https://www.gothamgazette.com/130-opinion/11072-bronx-soccer-stadium-mayor-adams-nycfc). He's really making the rounds.

He also recently announced his retirement from the BID, but still seems quite active in all this. So not sure what the future of the BID brings and what, if any, role Goodman will continue to play.

I wouldn't read too into the part about CFG taking over from the Yankees.

What Cary Goodman is really getting at, is he wants a Neighborhood Ownership Plan that allows the local community to "own stock" in the stadium. (https://www.gothamgazette.com/opini...ments-with-neighborhood-stock-ownership-plans)

This was a new article from Goodman this morning (https://www.gothamgazette.com/130-opinion/11072-bronx-soccer-stadium-mayor-adams-nycfc). He's really making the rounds.

He also recently announced his retirement from the BID, but still seems quite active in all this. So not sure what the future of the BID brings and what, if any, role Goodman will continue to play.
Thank you