Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
See, the thing is humans are really bad at estimating things. Like, really bad.
And announced attendance numbers are known to be BS.

Show a crowd in an open field and I agree with. Estimate a crowd in a fixed space whose capacity you know — not so much.

Reactions: Kjbert
And announced attendance numbers are known to be BS.

Show a crowd in an open field and I agree with. Estimate a crowd in a fixed space whose capacity you know — not so much.

strange. the games at YS i attended, i would estimate at least 15-17K. 10k is very low. the stadium would have been extremely sparse.

citi field with its more intimate confines were maybe slightly better attended since it's queens and people like citi field more (maybe?). but by my eye, it looked more than the numbers you estimated. *shrug*

Well we were aware of something happening in July...

I have a feeling it's going to be a player announcement. Some big name DP.

That, or "We aren't gonna play in RBA next year at all" or something like that.
The reasons I don't think it's a DP are that player transfers are absurdly hard to keep under wraps, it'd be weird for a club to set a date to announce a player months in advance, and the "kinda" in the tweet, since the "what everyone thinks" obviously (imo) refers to a stadium. "We aren't gonna play in RBA at all" could be it, but I feel like that's a weird announcement to make at RBA, and I think if we make CCL again (which is looking increasingly likely), we don't have a choice.

Reactions: Kjbert
Keep searching. He's has had some other non-obvious predictions pan out, like when he said NYCFC was looking at candidates nobody heard of shortly before they hired Ronny. But yeah, he's not so reliable to take his occasional "scoops" as etched in stone (or a brick). And this one is so vague, what's the point even.

Keep searching. He's has had some other non-obvious predictions pan out, like when he said NYCFC was looking at candidates nobody heard of shortly before they hired Ronny. But yeah, he's not so reliable to take his occasional "scoops" as etched in stone (or a brick). And this one is so vague, what's the point even.

tbf i see him as a fan that knows a few people within FO or staff. so he can pick up a few things. not a straight up insider