Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Back when, this was a non-ideal but acceptable site.
The #6 local subway at 138th and Third is a 5-8 minute walk, longer in a crowd. The Express 4 and 5 at 138th/Grand Concourse is 12-15+. Probably no room for parking and IIRC they discussed running buses to the lots near Yankee Stadium.

But it's on the freaking water and you know what, in 2022 you build where you can as long as it meets the most basic requirements. This does.
Get er done.
You can also walk across the bridge to Harlem 125th

Was just going to ask if the site is near one of the Bronx ferry stops. I can walk to the Astoria ferry stop, so that would be ideal for me personally. Would also work for anyone along the East River as they have several stops each in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. Would be a great way to get to a match.
They’ve expanded the lines quite a bit now. I was at the 96th street stop right across the River from you.

This wouldn’t be all that close to the Bronx stops I don’t think, but I’m not exactly sure where that newer Bronx stop is located at.

I’m really hoping that this would still be on the table, and actually have some public records requests out there now that is solely about a new ferry stop at this location.

In legal and real estate parlance, what does a Memorandum of Understanding signify?
An MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) outlines the terms of a deal and guides the parties as they prepare and negotiate the formal documents. It ensures that everyone is on the same page about the broad outlines of a deal before time and expense is incurred nailing down the details. It's an important step as the full documentation for a deal like this can involve a dozen or more agreements running hundreds of pages. An MOU is typically non-binding, but not always. Sometimes there are some limited binding terms, such as not negotiating with other parties or keeping things confidential. Very rarely more provisions are binding, including the contours of a deal.

Soup, there it is!

giphy.gif

excellent reporting. and now we wait and see if its something or just nothing again.

they wont fill it. only in playoffs and perhaps a RB game. thats kinda it. Of course if there are international friendlies then it will fill up most likely.
Realistically, unless a stadium was in manhattan, I don't think 30k would be filled anywhere in the city on a weekly basis. At least not in the current landscape of soccer. We'll see what 2026 does the US soccer though, hopefully it's a good impact.

An MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) outlines the terms of a deal and guides the parties as they prepare and negotiate the formal documents. It ensures that everyone is on the same page about the broad outlines of a deal before time and expense is incurred nailing down the details. It's an important step as the full documentation for a deal like this can involve a dozen or more agreements running hundreds of pages. An MOU is typically non-binding, but not always. Sometimes there are some limited binding terms, such as not negotiating with other parties or keeping things confidential. Very rarely more provisions are binding, including the contours of a deal.

Had they gotten as far as a MOU on the GAL site before the Yankees blew it up?

Reactions: Kjbert
they wont fill it. only in playoffs and perhaps a RB game. thats kinda it. Of course if there are international friendlies then it will fill up most likely.

i know. that's why i said i understand why. but i am sad that is the case. this is NYC ffs... then again.. perhaps it is because it is NYC