Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
there wouldn't be lines cause there would be two different fields like the spurs stadium.

lol I didn’t see that part I’m also half working I just saw “shared stadium with the jets” lol the only other downside is the stadium would be like 50k seats if they did that so we will be playing in a half empty stadium all the time.

lol I didn’t see that part I’m also half working I just saw “shared stadium with the jets” lol the only other downside is the stadium would be like 50k seats if they did that so we will be playing in a half empty stadium all the time.

yea i don't want to share. we've had scheduling conflicts due to sharing since day 1. i want our own home where we get priority #1.

i think that type of project is like impossible here in nyc. like maybe elsewhere in the country with more space. The Arizona Cardinals have something similar but beneath the field is just a floor. i think they host other events on it.

possible or not. i wouldn't want it!

Reactions: Kjbert
In a few years when this thing comes out all shiny and nice and new, people from other places are gonna still complain that we used oil money to build the stadium and it's unfair bc it's so easy for them............ sigh

And we'll all be enjoying the shiny nice new stadium, hopefully with an adult sized MLS Cup Banner(s) mounted on the facade.
No, our chant forever shall be:

Small Pitch! Tiny Banners!

Fans Dancing GIF by Dream Team FC

In a few years when this thing comes out all shiny and nice and new, people from other places are gonna still complain that we used oil money to build the stadium and it's unfair bc it's so easy for them............ sigh
You read the discussion on Reddit last night? because that was exactly how it went.

- [NYCFC fan]: so now that we're getting a stadium you guys going to come up with something new to make fun of us for, or just go with the oil money thing?
- [random MLS fan] - the oil money thing.
- [NYCFC fan]: You sure? because you drove that one joke into the ground I thought you might try to be creative.
- [random MLS fan] - Nope. Oil money.
- [NYCFC fan]: OK, you be you.

You read the discussion on Reddit last night? because that was exactly how it went.

- [NYCFC fan]: so now that we're getting a stadium you guys going to come up with something new to make fun of us for, or just go with the oil money thing?
- [random MLS fan] - the oil money thing.
- [NYCFC fan]: You sure? because you drove that one joke into the ground I thought you might try to be creative.
- [random MLS fan] - Nope. Oil money.
- [NYCFC fan]: OK, you be you.

making it sound like other owners dont have billions themselves. or that the team was set up as club when they werent, all are franchises. all paid a multi million dollar fee to join. if the owners are cheap is another matter.

The Hunt Family is literally oil money. and if anything oil money saved the league.

making it sound like other owners dont have billions themselves. or that the team was set up as club when they werent, all are franchises. all paid a multi million dollar fee to join. if the owners are cheap is another matter.

The Hunt Family is literally oil money. and if anything oil money saved the league.
Also no one person/group actually owns a team. They all own portions of the league. In theory the oil $ they are complaining about is equally invested in their club. CFG was just given the NYC franchise to play with for their investment.

JUST TODAY We re-signed two key players, discarded three and it looks like we’ll re-sign at least one more, and we are here on the stadium thread talking about computer peripherals.

It’s not an Altman film, it’s a Monty Python film.

I love you all.
Not just computer peripherals. But whether they can also play Alice in motherfucking chains. And while you make a super sweet espresso of course. That’s a big distinction. 😘

I just bought a new Mac mini (and Dell monitor) to replace my 2015 iMac. I have them side by side while I set the new one up. I’m not doing a transfer because I want a clean, fresh install that cleans out a lot of detritus going back 15 years and 4-5 computers ago. Anyway, I have a full set of 2 mice, 2 keyboards, 2 monitors and 2 machines side by side, and did nothing to connect the 2 computers except they’re both Macs and I’m signed in with the same iCloud account. And automatically, both mice and both keyboards work on both computers, like it’s a 2 monitor setup. They even know which one is on the left or right. Both cool and disconcerting.
I don't need advice, I just found that interesting.

And shut up with your "what is this doing in the stadium thread" nonsense.
Dagnabbit, I typed up an entire paragraph about "not the stadium thread" with each new line, it ran to four pages, and then you had to go and ruin it at the very end. What the heck????? LOL

The Etihad was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games.
he Etihad was originally called City of Manchester Stadium, maybe with a "the," maybe not, I don't remember. But everyone called it CoMS, at least in writing. Possibly related to the Commonwealth Games. Or maybe not.

No reason, just thought I'd mention it.

he Etihad was originally called City of Manchester Stadium, maybe with a "the," maybe not, I don't remember. But everyone called it CoMS, at least in writing. Possibly related to the Commonwealth Games. Or maybe not.

No reason, just thought I'd mention it.
It's actually still called City of Manchester Stadium, officially.
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Last edited: