Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Wish the Johnson’s would sell. That being said, they finally made one correct move hiring JD & salah & letting them do their thing. But still doesn’t make up for two decades of incompetence & getting into that stadium deal with the giants.

who really killed the Jets West side stadium deal ?

Sheldon Silver

ok so i was really under the impression dolan did kill it. i recall reading he ran a whole bunch of ads on Cablevision against the stadium. although im sure it had influence. interesting they didnt try queens. considering the jets played there in the past.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
ok so i was really under the impression dolan did kill it. i recall reading he ran a whole bunch of ads on Cablevision against the stadium. although im sure it had influence. interesting they didnt try queens. considering the jets played there in the past.
Dolan was a factor to be sure. But Silver killed it. Jets fans celebrated when he was put in prison and again when he died.

Dolan did lead the charge, but he wasn't alone.

Reactions: adam
No matter who killed it. Jets lease was expiring at the old meadowlands. They had options. Johnsons could have finally built the jets their first very own stadium (used to share shea). And be back in NY for first time since 1984. They chose the cowards way out & kept the status quo in NJ. It was a punch to all us fans who expected that it was Leon Hess’ limited wealth and old age that was the reason we shared with the giants. We expected a new stadium in NY was part of the reason the Johnsons purchased the Jets (think of NYCFC giving up and sharing RBA permanently!). The West Side Stadium was a valiant effort and not their fault. But the way the gave up after that and partnered up with the giants in NJ was the ultimate betrayal. Also, years later, moving their practice facility from Hempstead to NJ (although it makes sense logistically) felt like the final nail in the coffin for jets fans hopes they could one day return.

As we say at my family’s Seder table every Passover “L’shana haba B’Queens”. (Next year in queens) as we hope for the coming of the messiah to bring our team back to the promised land.

Dolan was a factor to be sure. But Silver killed it. Jets fans celebrated when he was put in prison and again when he died.

Silver was such a miserable piece of shit.

Can we stop talking about the jets. Screw them. Bunch of losers.
Come At Me Bro How Bow Dat GIF

I believe he also kept UFC out of NY

This is an idea if the Revs never get a SSS.

View attachment 12446
I saw Liverpool-Roma there a few years back. It was a pretty terrible setup. YS and Citi are way better. Your average Pats fan seems to think the Revs only exist to screw up their field surface. Sox Fans would revolt. So in short, this would be A delicious spectacle, however unlikely.

Reactions: Shwafta

And

Selfish me wants to keep plenty of surface parking for tailgating!