Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I see nothing remotely remarkable there. I see a plaza, some grass, the concrete underside of some tiered seats, topped by a railing that looks like it hasn't been painted in 40 years. I mean, I wish our stadium were done, but there's nothing ridiculously cool in that photo. It's a stadium.

What am I missing?
Here is HOK's page on the stadium. The pics should give you a good idea of what it really looks like. Personally, I think it's a gorgeous stadium -- open, inviting, just hip enough without being twee, fits in really well with its surroundings. And the interior is bloody perfect:

It's not the way we'd want to go -- hey, we're New York -- but it's spot on for St. Louis.

Here is HOK's page on the stadium. The pics should give you a good idea of what it really looks like. Personally, I think it's a gorgeous stadium -- open, inviting, just hip enough without being twee, fits in really well with its surroundings. And the interior is bloody perfect:

It's not the way we'd want to go -- hey, we're New York -- but it's spot on for St. Louis.
Looks very similar to the Herzog & de Meuron design for Bordeaux

Reactions: Kjbert
If anything the @nycfcsource account seems to be regressing both in accuracy and tone.

It's just a kid that aggregates foreign language rumors, posts them as sources, then lies about how he got the info.

Fake it until you make it!

He'd probably get more traction if he'd act as a news aggregator rather than pretending he has inside contacts with the agents or clubs of every division 2 European player linked to NYCFC.

Do you have any examples of Public Scoping Meetings going poorly? Curious as to what else you’ve experienced and how this compares
Virtually every public scoping meeting has vociferous NIMBY opposition decrying the project, I mean they go HARD against the project. You're killing our children, casting our neighborhood in darkness, everybody is getting rickets, traffic congestion will be a nightmare, construction will go on forever, everyone is getting asthma and we can prove it, you are violating every zoning law since the dawn of creation, greedy developers, etc. etc.

Virtually every public scoping meeting has vociferous NIMBY opposition decrying the project, I mean they go HARD against the project. You're killing our children, casting our neighborhood in darkness, everybody is getting rickets, traffic congestion will be a nightmare, construction will go on forever, everyone is getting asthma and we can prove it, you are violating every zoning law since the dawn of creation, greedy developers, etc. etc.
Ugh, rickets. It's the worst.

Ugh, rickets. It's the worst.
I'm not even joking, I think it was the Barclay's Center/Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park project, one of the public comments was that there would be so much new shadow on the neighborhood that people would get rickets. Which subtly gives it a racial aspect.

When confused about what to discuss in the Stadium Thread, the answer is always 90s Rock. I’d even talk to a robot about that.

As per the money variety thread, I heard that this is the place to post about 90s rocks. If you have Spotify, I’ve been really enjoying Soundgarden’s “Live from the Artist’s Den”. It’s their most recent and I believe final album. It’s a live album and you really get the raw energy from Chris and the whole band. If you like live music that’s not overly produced like the original studio version, this is a great listen.

As per the money variety thread, I heard that this is the place to post about 90s rocks. If you have Spotify, I’ve been really enjoying Soundgarden’s “Live from the Artist’s Den”. It’s their most recent and I believe final album. It’s a live album and you really get the raw energy from Chris and the whole band. If you like live music that’s not overly produced like the original studio version, this is a great listen.
And now i know what to listen to by the pool today. Thanks!

Also, The Day I Tried To Live is the most under-appreciated song on the Superunknown album. Even more haunting in retrospect after CCs suicide.

Reactions: Kjbert and JCMore
And now i know what to listen to by the pool today. Thanks!

Also, The Day I Tried To Live is the most under-appreciated song on the Superunknown album. Even more haunting in retrospect after CCs suicide.
What a great album and a great song! One of my greatest regrets was not seeing them live. I REALLY need to see Pearl Jam the next time they are in town. But I digress. After Chris’s death i listened to Temple of the Dog on repeat, that was very similar haunting affect to have a man sing songs about what felt to me his own passing

Reactions: adam
Nothing particularly Earth shattering in this article, nothing we haven't already heard. But it's a nice summary of the latest hearing.

Personally, this is a dream come true. I always thought Willets Point was the best place for our park. But to have it be the key element of such a comprehensive community development plan is just awesome. By the end of this decade, our franchise is going to be something to behold.