Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So pumped for this. Early days and lots will change, but two things that got me to chuckle/intrigued me from the city member email…

1: “The iconic cube design and arrival point represents a “welcome to all” moment, reinforcing that our stadium will be a place for everyone.” Ah yes because nothing screams diversity like cubes!! Why do they make up these weird symbols like they do on the jerseys? Lol

2: “…drawing inspiration from historic soccer and sports venues around the world such as Craven Cottage in London...” Subtle sign we’re going to be keeping the small pitch?!
Re #2: oh CFG gods please make that happen!

Reactions: twsj91
Last edited:
Absolutely infuriating that they would take away our home field advantage for a few extra bucks. It's one thing if we had the rose bowl to fill up, but a baseball stadium is embarrassing and has been a stain on us for our entire existence.

I think they just needed to add that caveat in case they ever want to do it. Doesn't mean they will.

Exactly. Why close off all options in case they do want to host something somewhere. Doesn't mean they will.

Also, it seems pretty fanciful that MLS would allow NYCFC to play at Yankee Stadium or Citi Field if The Coop is available. MLS hates the baseball stadiums more than we do.

Exactly. Why close off all options in case they do want to host something somewhere. Doesn't mean they will.

Also, it seems pretty fanciful that MLS would allow NYCFC to play at Yankee Stadium or Citi Field if The Coop is available. MLS hates the baseball stadiums more than we do.
Agreed. Once we're in, we're in. The one exception may be something at the Meadowlands if there's something crazy where we'd go way over capacity, but I can't see us back in a ballpark.

Really happy with the design. It's really happening.

MLS does, but Garber probably cool with it.

probably trolling to piss people off about the possibility of going back to play at a baseball stadium. Plus i dont think the yankees would want it back.
there is no game that really requires higher capacity, even RB it is around 20-25K anyway.

MLS cup? maybe. Leagues cup final vs a liga mx team possibly.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
probably trolling to piss people off about the possibility of going back to play at a baseball stadium. Plus i dont think the yankees would want it back.
there is no game that really requires higher capacity, even RB it is around 20-25K anyway.

MLS cup? maybe. Leagues cup final vs a liga mx team possibly.

It could also be a situation, as the article says, where they have to exhaust all NYC-based options before they consider Metlife Stadium. So if either Yankee Stadium or Citi Field is available, it's either there or at our stadium, and can not be at Metlife Stadium.

Still seems like a situation that will (almost) never materialize. If they think they need larger than 25,000 capacity, they should just build it.

Reactions: Vallos