Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Basically, we've arrived right back where we started:
index.php

Takes up a lot of space, though. How about this...it's bigger on the inside:

tardis.jpg

How bout NYCFC buys out the Yankees. Moved us into CITI Field and partners with Wilpons? Then we can finally build in Queens and won't get arrested outside after a match. We just have the wrong partners is all. Move CITY to CITI!!!

Mets owners suck. That stadium is a hassle to get to. thats why nobody goes to mets games

Mets owners suck. That stadium is a hassle to get to. thats why nobody goes to mets games

Mets owners never made up horseshit rules for soccer supporters, threw out people for cheering and asked the police to arrest the fans outside the stadium. Can't suck more then the Yankee ownership right now. And I'm a lifelong Yankee fan. CITY 2 CITI!!!!

No they just stopped our team from building next to them by making the parking situation crazy. someone please with exactly what happened.
they don't kick anyone out because no one goes.
No life long Yankee fan would ever talk like that.
BUILD IN THE BRONX

Lifelong Yankee fan did talk like that. Wilpons consorted with USTA to have a tennis stadium built instead and garnered public support to help decree the evils of a SSS going up. AND there also would not be any room to build a new parking lot. The new SSS could share with the Mets, but all parking revenue would go to Mets. That's what happened if I remember correctly. But being in the Bronx means no parking revenue anyway, so it's a goddamn wash. And if they are Mets partners and not Yankees, maybe a parking deal can even be reached. NYCFC has the wrong partners, it's time to buy them out and move on. CITY 2 CITI!!!!

If the team moved to Citi field -- which it will never, ever do -- they'd be cutting off a gigantic chunk of their largest fanbase in Westchester County.

Other than paying a toll, there's hardly any difference in the ride from most of Westchester/Connecticut (excluding Yonkers) to Citi Field vs Yankee Stadium. And that's without even factoring in typical GW traffic on 87.

I'm in New Rochelle and it's pretty much a wash -- 15 driving miles to either.

Other than paying a toll, there's hardly any difference in the ride from most of Westchester/Connecticut (excluding Yonkers) to Citi Field vs Yankee Stadium. And that's without even factoring in typical GW traffic on 87.

There's a large contingent that takes the Metro North to the game, and probably for 95% of riders, that ride is free to Yankee Stadium, with their monthly commuter passes -- regardless of what line you ride. With tolls and parking, you're looking at at least 20-25 bucks extra every game equalling $450 a year. More than some folk's season tickets cost. I'd avoid Queens as a site almost entirely. Bronx is just too central for everyone, unless there's a Manhattan option.

No train

It's a 60-100 minute trip each way. Easier to drive, but at least there is ample parking.

I would go to fewer games from Westchester if the team were located in Flushing, but I would still go. Other sites - like Acqueduct - would leave me attending rarely, if at all.

That's the time it takes on the LIRR to Penn and then catching the D. Welcome to my world.

No Stadium is perfect for everyone, but what we don't want is the Landlord of that stadium (Yankees) throwing out the fans for normal behavior against the wishes of the Tenant (NYCFC). And then calling the cops on them outside the stadium too. And forget Tenant/Landlord; they are supposed to be PARTNERS!!! If you had a business partner (who also charges you rent to share his office) pissing off all your clients when they come by, you would think about disbanding the partnership too and moving to a new office, even it's a little out of the way for some of your clients.

Reactions: LostAnvil
I hope wherever the stadium is built that it has its own parking within the stadium complex, If your celebrating in the parking lot on your way to your car, subway, train whatever your not getting arrested. Emptying out onto the streets, is a problem that will only get more frustrating for the fans who want to continue the good time; and the police as well.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski