Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Still, sounds like what you would want is more parks, not less, if you want the local community to have more access.

Regardless, those parks aren't going anywhere, they're locked in. It's a non-starter.
I know that they aren't. Would be nice though.

If they manage to get Madison Square Garden off of Penn Station, they won't replace it with another arena. They will use that opportunity to upgrade Penn Station to a world class rail station.

I know we want a soccer specific stadium, but would a multi-purpose stadium be able to work for soccer, basketball, and hockey? A 25,000 person stadium arena (retractable roof) can be expanded more for basketball and hockey, which is already larger than MSG's capacity already. The grass can be underneath the basketball and hockey flooring. It's more ridiculous than us moving into a new stadium on Pier 40, but it would be awesome. A stadium in the heart of Manhattan for the Knicks, Rangers, NYCFC, and other teams.

I know we want a soccer specific stadium, but would a multi-purpose stadium be able to work for soccer, basketball, and hockey? A 25,000 person stadium arena (retractable roof) can be expanded more for basketball and hockey, which is already larger than MSG's capacity already. The grass can be underneath the basketball and hockey flooring. It's more ridiculous than us moving into a new stadium on Pier 40, but it would be awesome. A stadium in the heart of Manhattan for the Knicks, Rangers, NYCFC, and other teams.

Close the thread. This post can not be topped. Actually, close every thread.

Close the thread. This post can not be topped. Actually, close every thread.
10502281_10106734658876514_2303056279729323611_n.jpg

The news about the LAFC stadium made me more impatient than I already was.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...erings-new-soccer-specfic-stadium-los-angeles
Just wanted to point out for anyone who has not been following MLS prior to this year, but this LAFC stadium deal is MANY MANY years in the making. It's not like they started the stadium search when the Don announced the Chivas fold and new LA team at the end of last season. MLS and other groups have been in discussion with the school and whatever parties involved for a long time, possibly as far back as when the Galaxy were working on their stadium well over a decade ago. It was then reported that Chivas had been working on that site at some point and once MLS took over Chivas, they took the lead in the process. So discussions and such have been going on for a very long time.
They were very similar to NYCFC, in which they were awarded a franchise in which the league and the new group expected a new stadium to be finished up soon. Unfortunately for us, it has not gone the way we all hoped.

Bottomline, this stadium has taken so long to get to where it is today, long before NYCFC was even in our imaginations. This tells me that I truly hope the GAL/Garage site is still in play and is just in limbo, because barring some magic scenario, that is the only location we could break ground on in under 5 years. The LAFC site had also appeared to be dead at multiple points, but here we are. Let's hope we here some signs of life soon. Don't get too impatient.

Just wanted to point out for anyone who has not been following MLS prior to this year, but this LAFC stadium deal is MANY MANY years in the making. It's not like they started the stadium search when the Don announced the Chivas fold and new LA team at the end of last season. MLS and other groups have been in discussion with the school and whatever parties involved for a long time, possibly as far back as when the Galaxy were working on their stadium well over a decade ago. It was then reported that Chivas had been working on that site at some point and once MLS took over Chivas, they took the lead in the process. So discussions and such have been going on for a very long time.
They were very similar to NYCFC, in which they were awarded a franchise in which the league and the new group expected a new stadium to be finished up soon. Unfortunately for us, it has not gone the way we all hoped.

Bottomline, this stadium has taken so long to get to where it is today, long before NYCFC was even in our imaginations. This tells me that I truly hope the GAL/Garage site is still in play and is just in limbo, because barring some magic scenario, that is the only location we could break ground on in under 5 years. The LAFC site had also appeared to be dead at multiple points, but here we are. Let's hope we here some signs of life soon. Don't get too impatient.

Are you Impatient Die Hard NYCFC Fans reading this? Yankee Stadium its not so bad - I thought that The Meadowlands was a lousy place for our NY team to play with all those American Football lines. Any American football fan reading this , no insult intended. But the truth was that, every time I watched Metrostars play there,I winced my eyes looking at those lines.

Reactions: franchise646
I don't know whether to be sorry for this or accept it as a compliment.
I'd love for you to explain, even in the most general way, what a stadium/arena that can be used for soccer, basketball and hockey would look like, given the huge difference in the size of a soccer pitch and the others.

It would be the worst imaginable venue for hockey and basketball, with 35k seats, 25k of which would suck. And the condition of a pitch that spends a lot of time indoors and under seats, a hockey rink and a basketball court?

And you couldn't even fit it in the 3/4 of a city block that MSG currently occupies and would have to be built many stories above the ground due to the train station.

It is literally an idea that doesn't make sense or work on any single level.

Also I saw someone say they hope our stadium looks as good and all I have to say it will be better. The reports are that our stadium when built will be over 300 million making it the most expensive in the league.

Reactions: JayH
I'd love for you to explain, even in the most general way, what a stadium/arena that can be used for soccer, basketball and hockey would look like, given the huge difference in the size of a soccer pitch and the others.

It would be the worst imaginable venue for hockey and basketball, with 35k seats, 25k of which would suck. And the condition of a pitch that spends a lot of time indoors and under seats, a hockey rink and a basketball court?

And you couldn't even fit it in the 3/4 of a city block that MSG currently occupies and would have to be built many stories above the ground due to the train station.

It is literally an idea that doesn't make sense or work on any single level.

Okay, so if this would happen it would be where the US Post Office is now, across the street from the current MSG. Which has much more space than the current MSG layout. Imagine AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) but shrunk down to MLS size. The Arizona Cardinals have a mechanism where the grass field actually moves outside when its not used so we would have something like that except it would be artificial grow lights and it would remain in the arena and be below a retractable layers of concrete that would serve as the base for the basketball and hockey floors. The soccer seats would be elevated similar to the new San Jose arena so that when its hockey and basketball time, risers can be put in so that its still stadium seating for those events.

Does it make sense, no. But neither does hosting the World Cup in Qatar. But with all the future stadium technology stuff that happening now and in the next couple year, I'm sure it could happen, theoretically.

Okay, so if this would happen it would be where the US Post Office is now, across the street from the current MSG. Which has much more space than the current MSG layout. Imagine AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) but shrunk down to MLS size. The Arizona Cardinals have a mechanism where the grass field actually moves outside when its not used so we would have something like that except it would be artificial grow lights and it would remain in the arena and be below a retractable layers of concrete that would serve as the base for the basketball and hockey floors. The soccer seats would be elevated similar to the new San Jose arena so that when its hockey and basketball time, risers can be put in so that its still stadium seating for those events.

Does it make sense, no. But neither does hosting the World Cup in Qatar. But with all the future stadium technology stuff that happening now and in the next couple year, I'm sure it could happen, theoretically.

The Post Office is currently being developed into a billion dollar Amtrak station.

Where does the grass field move to in Arizona?

Also I saw someone say they hope our stadium looks as good and all I have to say it will be better. The reports are that our stadium when built will be over 300 million making it the most expensive in the league.
Unfortunately, more expensive does not always equal better. It could be a luxury box infested park with no atmosphere. If the Yankees are involved in the stadium design, I would be concerned.

WOW this is crazy
I caught shit when I said they could build over the parking lot and elevator company.

How bout NYCFC buys out the Yankees. Moved us into CITI Field and partners with Wilpons? Then we can finally build in Queens and won't get arrested outside after a match. We just have the wrong partners is all. Move CITY to CITI!!!

Reactions: FootyLovin