• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Soooo...

Stadium in inwood doesn't seem like a bad idea. Next to Yankee stadium is ideal. All I want is great stadium, that the rest of league is envy of, and a stadium that could host USMNT game
The New York area has never produced amazing stadia. They cost a fortune and have all been generally antiseptic and not particularly fan friendly. Giants stadium sucks and the one before it sucked too. Yankee stadium and citi field are regarded as some of the worst in the league. Compare them to the SF Giants stadium right on the water, Camden yards, etc. Tons of character and destination type places. Im not holding my breath for anything special

The New York area has never produced amazing stadia. They cost a fortune and have all been generally antiseptic and not particularly fan friendly. Giants stadium sucks and the one before it sucked too. Yankee stadium and citi field are regarded as some of the worst in the league. Compare them to the SF Giants stadium right on the water, Camden yards, etc. Tons of character and destination type places. Im not holding my breath for anything special

Strange comment.

The original Yankee Stadium and Ebbets Field are two of the most famous and iconic ballparks in the history of baseball. The two new parks, while they have their individual issues, are gorgeous and both offer state of the art amenities. Most people would not rank them as the worst ballparks, usually they are ranked right in the middle and rightfully so in my opinion..

Strange comment.

The original Yankee Stadium and Ebbets Field are two of the most famous and iconic ballparks in the history of baseball. The two new parks, while they have their individual issues, are gorgeous and both offer state of the art amenities. Most people would not rank them as the worst ballparks, usually they are ranked right in the middle and rightfully so in my opinion..
I have always heard comments that new YS is like a mall. And Citi field has bad sightlines for a new stadium. With the amount of money spent, new YS could have been amazing.

Strange comment.

I think his comment makes perfect sense especially in light of your agreement that the new NYC baseball facilities are mid-ranked. That sounds like failure to me. Who builds a new ballpark and aspires to be middle of the pack from the get go? It's not like they started out ranked top 5 and slipped as newer places outshone them. Their best ranking when brand new was mediocre. They should have been better.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I have always heard comments that new YS is like a mall. And Citi field has bad sightlines for a new stadium. With the amount of money spent, new YS could have been amazing.
That's because all that money didn't go into the actual stadium itself. It went into pockets of the rich. The first year NYS was open there were leaks all over the building especially the service level where us employees go to take lunch breaks and clock in and out.

Yankee Stadium was supposed to have a retractable roof. Citi field is pretty shit. It has no architectural beauty on the inside. It's like you're in a midwestern ballpark. No stadium is perfect.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
NYC also happens to have the strongest demand for premium/luxury/corporate seating in the world. If you strive to meet that demand, which makes sense economically, it's almost a given that the general fan experience will suffer, as seats end up being so far away.
I like how RBA was designed with most of the luxury boxes on one side of the field. Hopefully our stadium follows that method. I absolutely hate the Avaya stadium model of having a small level of premium seats at the field level all the way around.

I haven't been to CitiField, but what is wrong with the new Yankee Stadium? I personally think it's an excellent ballpark. I never feel cramped in it, the bathrooms are clean and spacious, food choice is decent, you can watch the game from the corridors, and the sight-lines seem solid. I can't compare to other parks in the MLB, but if there are better, than fuckin' hell they must be truly amazing places if YS is bad compared to them.

I haven't been to CitiField, but what is wrong with the new Yankee Stadium? I personally think it's an excellent ballpark. I never feel cramped in it, the bathrooms are clean and spacious, food choice is decent, you can watch the game from the corridors, and the sight-lines seem solid. I can't compare to other parks in the MLB, but if there are better, than fuckin' hell they must be truly amazing places if YS is bad compared to them.
The atmosphere for Yankee games are far worse than the old stadium. So many fans are just too far away, and the close seats are so expensive that you end up with a bunch of corporate people. I personally don't hate the stadium so much because, as you said it's very comfortable and spacious. Having been to Fenway Park a bunch of times, I will say that I would much prefer Yankee Stadium, even though the atmosphere is much more subdued. At Fenway Park, the bathrooms are tight and packed, concession have long line, concourses are extremely crowded, seats are smaller, aisles are smaller and on and on and on. I will gladly sacrifice the atmosphere for the modern amentities of Yankee Stadium.
That being said, they could have done much better with Yankee Stadium, but I think it works out about as well for an MLS game as any baseball stadium could!

Giants stadium sucks and the one before it sucked too.

Bite your tongue! There was not a single bad seat (for football) in Giants Stadium. It was marvelous.

Supposedly, the Maras wanted to build something beautiful, but Woody Johnson insisted on making the stadium modern, or as I like to say, make it look like the biggest air conditioning unit in the world.

Bite your tongue! There was not a single bad seat (for football) in Giants Stadium. It was marvelous.

Supposedly, the Maras wanted to build something beautiful, but Woody Johnson insisted on making the stadium modern, or as I like to say, make it look like the biggest air conditioning unit in the world.

is that what all Giants fans tell themselves?

Old Yankee Stadium sight lines shit all over new Yankee Stadium sightlines. The upper deck felt like you were right on top of the field.

Honest question: What's MLS policy on pitch invasion after winning the championship? Is it a stadium by stadium policy? Or will we have to sit in our seats when we hoist the cup unlike our brothers and sisters in Manchester?

Honest question: What's MLS policy on pitch invasion after winning the championship? Is it a stadium by stadium policy? Or will we have to sit in our seats when we hoist the cup unlike our brothers and sisters in Manchester?
The fans are scared to i guess. At last years cup Galaxy did nothing of the sort

The fans are scared to i guess. At last years cup Galaxy did nothing of the sort

I think that 99% of the fans that rush the field in England after their team has won don't even get a ticket. College teams do this, but coaches have said that player safety is an issue. Is it so wrong that after we win I just want to give Poku or Mix a huge hug?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I think that 99% of the fans that rush the field in England after their team has won don't even get a ticket. College teams do this, but coaches have said that player safety is an issue. Is it so wrong that after we win I just want to give Poku or Mix a huge hug?
Pitch/Field/Court invasions just are not really a thing in American pro sports. Sure, it's big for high school and college kids when they win, but i'm sure our players would not want a bunch of drunk adult rushing after them while they are celebrating.

Reactions: edurban
As a Brit watching the games think the stadium looks a complete mess of ideas and stands.
Often wondered what is under that giant etihad logo and what is that stand ? That appears like a letter box next to it .
Even tho its a baseball stadium why don't the seats just go round it ?