Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
As a Brit watching the games think the stadium looks a complete mess of ideas and stands.
Often wondered what is under that giant etihad logo and what is that stand ? That appears like a letter box next to it .
Even tho its a baseball stadium why don't the seats just go round it ?
I think you are referring to the so-called black seats. This is an empty area painted black in center field designed to assist the batter in a baseball game. When the batter is getting ready to hit a pitch this is an area in the batter's sight behind the pitcher that makes it easier for him to see the ball as it is thrown at him. If there were fans there it would be much harder for the batter to see the ball coming. You are correct that it doesn't make sense for soccer; this is one of the many drawbacks of playing in a baseball stadium.

I think you are referring to the so-called black seats. This is an empty area painted black in center field designed to assist the batter in a baseball game. When the batter is getting ready to hit a pitch this is an area in the batter's sight behind the pitcher that makes it easier for him to see the ball as it is thrown at him. If there were fans there it would be much harder for the batter to see the ball coming. You are correct that it doesn't make sense for soccer; this is one of the many drawbacks of playing in a baseball stadium.
Ah that makes sense for baseball then what's that letterbox building next to it then ? Are they the best seats in the house looking straight on at the batter ?

Ah that makes sense for baseball then what's that letterbox building next to it then ? Are they the best seats in the house looking straight on at the batter ?
I think what you are referring to is a bar/restaurant above the black seats. Everyone has a different opinion about what the best seats are. Many think the seats behind home plate, looking at the pitcher from behind the batter are best. I think any close seats are good. I personally think for baseball the seats in the outfield and from the letter box are too far away. Believe it or not, for baseball, the a seat behind home plate can sell for more than $1,000, while the bleachers in the outfield are generally the least expensive, maybe $15 or $20, I would think. They don't even sell the seats behind home plate for soccer games.

I'm a pretty big believer that fans don't belong on the pitch at all ever. Too many incidents between fans and players as well as fans getting hurt. It's not safe, and it's disrespectful to the visiting team.

Reactions: FootyLovin
mohegan-sun-sports-bar-yankee-stadium.jpg

Thanks!!!! Drugged out yankee fans from 76.
Seriously if I were a player, I'd much prefer to go celebrate in the stands than have a mob run at me and have everyone trying to grab me and shit.

Old Yankee Stadium sight lines shit all over new Yankee Stadium sightlines. The upper deck felt like you were right on top of the field.

Dude, gotta call bullshit on this. Yes, SOME seats in the old stadium where awesome, but from most of the upper deck you couldn't see parts of the field. If you were on the 1B side and a ball was hit into right field, you couldn't see RF. That's a problem caused by the deck being too close to the field. There's a reason they moved them back.

As a Brit watching the games think the stadium looks a complete mess of ideas and stands.
Often wondered what is under that giant etihad logo and what is that stand ? That appears like a letter box next to it .
Even tho its a baseball stadium why don't the seats just go round it ?

No stadium in baseball has seats right in centerfield. This is because if there were people sitting there, a batter would have a hard time seeing the baseball against the background of people moving.

After a nightmare getting out of Red Bull Arena (drove and parked in the stadium "parking lots"), I think the Bronx is the only option since we would be using the Yankee parking lots. And I'm fine waiting 5 years for this to happen.

After a nightmare getting out of Red Bull Arena (drove and parked in the stadium "parking lots"), I think the Bronx is the only option since we would be using the Yankee parking lots. And I'm fine waiting 5 years for this to happen.

Yeah the GAL manufacturing site looks absolutely perfect. We need to be near the YS transportation network, you don't realize how essential it is until you don't have it.

All we need to do is wait till DeBlasio is gone and the city doesn't want us to pay for the debts of the parking lot we are going to build over.

Reactions: The Toe
Yeah the GAL manufacturing site looks absolutely perfect. We need to be near the YS transportation network, you don't realize how essential it is until you don't have it.

All we need to do is wait till DeBlasio is gone and the city doesn't want us to pay for the debts of the parking lot we are going to build over.

I don't understand why the city just doesn't foreclose on the GAL property and then sell the land to CFG so the city can pay its creditors.

I don't understand why the city just doesn't foreclose on the GAL property and then sell the land to CFG so the city can pay its creditors.

Because DeBlasio is inexperienced at his job? He's probably thinking he can wait us out and force CFG to accept the debt payment.

Only that won't happen and at some point a political opportunist will say something to the effect of, DeBlasio prefers to let his friends pay no taxes and not pay their debt instead of foreclosing on properties for redevelopment.

I think what he's not realizing is that Yankee stadium is a reasonably comfortable home for us right now. Sure it's not amazing, but it's shitloads better then red bull arena in terms of all the peripherals like ease of access, and capability of transport network to actually handle a full stadium. What we have is essentially a problem that can be easily solved by waiting. And some timely donations to politicians that are running against DeBlasio.

The political donation model sure seemed to work for that group who wanted to ban horses in Central Park, less than half a million dollars apparently is enough to buy a NYC mays opinion.

As a fan I think that as time goes on the potential GAL stadium only gets bigger, and bigger stadiums have cooler shit in them and make for a way better game day experience. As much as we get taunted for playing in a baseball stadium, it's going to be fun in a few years throwing the fact that our stadium is twice the size of theirs back into other teams fans faces.

Reactions: Gavin23
Because DeBlasio is inexperienced at his job? He's probably thinking he can wait us out and force CFG to accept the debt payment.

Only that won't happen and at some point a political opportunist will say something to the effect of, DeBlasio prefers to let his friends pay no taxes and not pay their debt instead of foreclosing on properties for redevelopment.

I think what he's not realizing is that Yankee stadium is a reasonably comfortable home for us right now. Sure it's not amazing, but it's shitloads better then red bull arena in terms of all the peripherals like ease of access, and capability of transport network to actually handle a full stadium. What we have is essentially a problem that can be easily solved by waiting. And some timely donations to politicians that are running against DeBlasio.

The political donation model sure seemed to work for that group who wanted to ban horses in Central Park, less than half a million dollars apparently is enough to buy a NYC mays opinion.

As a fan I think that as time goes on the potential GAL stadium only gets bigger, and bigger stadiums have cooler shit in them and make for a way better game day experience. As much as we get taunted for playing in a baseball stadium, it's going to be fun in a few years throwing the fact that our stadium is twice the size of theirs back into other teams fans faces.

NYC SuperPac in 2017: Cityzens Against DeBlasio

it's amazing to me many of you can knock DiBlasio for not doing something incredibly shady (maybe illegal) because it would get your favorite soccer team a stadium.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
I really question the GAL site. It just does not seem large enough for a stadium, at least not without moving the train tracks. And they won't be able to build on Heritage Field either it seems. There's just no room for a stadium on that site, and certainly not one that's "twice the size of theirs." Only way I see it as at all possible is if they put Amtrak/Metro North underground, which will add a lot to the cost.

Reactions: Mikeylito