Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks. I'm pretty sure that's the renovated original stadium seat, made of plastic and in use from 1976-2008. That it does not specifically specify pre-1973 is telling. The originals look like this, where they are on sale for $1599 to $1999, although I wonder how many they sell at that price. Also the fact that mine is repainted has reduced the value; that's the factor I really cannot account for.
These are the post renovation seats, I bought myself one as a gift for completing my grad degree. I'm 34 and grew up with that stadium configuration.

These stadia you mention were built first -- the neighborhoods were build around them. It's not possible to do that in this day and age.

Also, although these places have charm and history, they are actually shitty places to watch sports. Shitty viewing angles, cramped seats, cramped concourses, cramped bathrooms and limited concessions.

You can't even get through the turnstiles without turning sideways at Craven Cottage if you're more than a size 32 waist!

I'd guess there was already a neighborhood in Fulham in 1896 when Craven Cottage was built, along with some of the others in London neighborhoods (e.g. Stamford Bridge, Emirates, Tottenham). My point was just that in a metro area such as NYC where space is very hard to come by, what I'd sacrifice would be exactly that: inside space and amenities.

I agree, the confines within Craven Cottage are cramped, but that's what allows these places to be within neighborhoods relatively central to the city. I'd take cramped bathrooms & concourses, narrow turnstiles, concessions outside the stadium, and being so close to the action over a larger, more modern stadium much further away. I used to live around the corner, and Fulham and Chelsea got electric on game days which I found as a draw.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'd love for it to be so loud inside that it would be intimidating for any team to come face us!

We've also discussed this option too. It's more convenient just to use an existing island. There are a few available. Welcome to Etihad Stadium on Etihad Island with travel on Etihad Ferries.

Roosevelt Island will soon be Etihad Island, which will then be converted into a narrow runway exclusively for Etihad service with a stadium for NYCFC at one end and an Etihad train running underneath.

Or maybe keep it all as is and transform Octagon Field into a stadium? But I prefer the former.

I love the idea of a place like Craven Cottage or Loftus Road. Even an Anfield or Goodison.

That being said, you know this stadium, if it ever gets built, is going to be the AT&T (Dallas Cowboys) Stadium of American soccer. 28,000 seats, luxury boxes, , 40 foot HDTV screens, the works. It will be an architectural masterpiece.

I love the idea of a place like Craven Cottage or Loftus Road. Even an Anfield or Goodison.

That being said, you know this stadium, if it ever gets built, is going to be the AT&T (Dallas Cowboys) Stadium of American soccer. 28,000 seats, luxury boxes, , 40 foot HDTV screens, the works. It will be an architectural masterpiece.
To be fair, that's what we thought of when they were building MetLife and new Yankee Stadium. Didn't really work out that way...

Reactions: mgarbowski
Another day, another Dante jersey sighting.

Honestly, since he seems to never not be wearing it. It's probably part of a de Blasio initiative to get persons of color in New York City to play soccer as part of health/education plan.

I hope the kid takes it off when he goes to Yale so he has a better shot at getting laid.

I got a call from Fan Services checking in to see how my experience has been so far as a Founding Memeber. I asked about a stadium... When we gonna get that going. The young lady said there will be an announcement in the next few weeks from NYCFC Management about a stadium. She didn't have any other info other than that...

Anyone else get this call and get any stadium info out of them?