Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Culturally, people from NYC, Northern NJ are pretty much the same.
While I generally agree with this, I think the differences between urban and suburban are more prominent. I would think people from, say, Astoria and the upper east side would have almost everything in common as opposed to those from, say, Astoria and Bayside. I think the divide would be more between population density and mode of travel (cars vs. subway) rather than simply which town or borough you're from.

I don't give a fuck if you're from Westchester, New Jersey, or Outer Queens.

The only cringe-worthy thing is a Jersey native describing themselves as a New Yorker. You can't desire to call yourself a New Yorker on one hand, then claim Jersey is the same as New York on the other. Otherwise you wouldn't have a problem saying you're from New Jersey.

FYI, I'm a "transplant" and fine with it. Parts of NY are cool, parts of NJ are cool. Parts of both suck. Big whoop.

Just throwing it out there for fun: I wonder if what now looks like a several month delay in the ticket renewal process has to do with the team buying more time based upon some form of stadium progress/development/news. Maybe there has been a breakthrough, maybe they are moving towards disclosable news, maybe there is a glimmer of hope that could lead to a positive development, etc. Any definitive or even promising announcement regarding the stadium would positively affect season ticket sales (it may not matter to many, but it will certainly matter to some, and could even be a factor in attracting new purchasers). I guess we shall see!

Just throwing it out there for fun: I wonder if what now looks like a several month delay in the ticket renewal process has to do with the team buying more time based upon some form of stadium progress/development/news. Maybe there has been a breakthrough, maybe they are moving towards disclosable news, maybe there is a glimmer of hope that could lead to a positive development, etc. Any definitive or even promising announcement regarding the stadium would positively affect season ticket sales (it may not matter to many, but it will certainly matter to some, and could even be a factor in attracting new purchasers). I guess we shall see!
Entirely possible. You win the forum for the day for that salient well thought out opinion.

What could also then happen is that season ticket renewals will begin much later, like in December. But we'll have news of a stadium.

Born in Bklyn, live in Manhattan. A NY'er is from the 5 boroughs-That's it. Staten Island is really NJ lol but we have to include them ;) Transplants are Transplants, unless you spent your formative years here-You're not a NY'er to me. I do appreciate that you now love my city . If they build a stadium in Queens other than say LIC, I'm not going.

Born in Bklyn, live in Manhattan. A NY'er is from the 5 boroughs-That's it. Staten Island is really NJ lol but we have to include them ;) Transplants are Transplants, unless you spent your formative years here-You're not a NY'er to me. I do appreciate that you now love my city . If they build a stadium in Queens other than say LIC, I'm not going.
Hey now, north shore Staten Island is very much NYC. The rest is jersey

Reactions: Vaporizer
According to the head of season ticket sales (or some such title) who spoke to us before the chalk talk, renewal invoices will arrive mid this
month and there will be no stadium news before then.

Not expecting a lot of "likes" on this post but that's the facts of what he said.