Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
My wife is from Queens. I asked her what she would think of someone from Queens going to Rutgers and staying in NJ still calling themselves a New Yorker.

She said it depends on how long since they graduated.

I said 10 years.

She said that's okay but getting to the outer limits.

I asked her what she'd think of someone born, raised and lived their whole life in NJ calling themselves a NYer.

She said they'd be a poser, a tool and a moron.
There's very little difference between a person from Queens and person from say.. Harrison, NJ.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
there's also the Jets lease agreement at MetLife.

So the earliest the Jets can leave would be 2025.

The Jets own half of MetLife stadium, so can we please stop the nonsensical discussion that they would somehow leave. Why does this keep coming up?

im still confused as to why there is a push from the NFL to do this. yes wembley sells out but thats because its only two three games a season its kinda of an event for expats and curious brits to attend but im not sure how well supported they will follow a team in a regular season, not to mention the crazy travel involved for say west coast teams.

i mean i feel the british fans are fans of an actual NFL franchise but not sure how they will support a london based one, and i cant remember how well they supported the nfl europe team.

You are asking why the NFL wouldn't want to build a fan base in a country that speaks English and has proven to be sports mad?

Why wouldn't they?

The Monarchs did not do well (believe it or not, I used to work for the NFL and attended three World Bowls), but NFL Europe is irrelevant, as it was minor league. It's like saying a Premier League team wouldn't do well because people didn't go to see Chelsea's U18 team play.

You are asking why the NFL wouldn't want to build a fan base in a country that speaks English and has proven to be sports mad?

Why wouldn't they?

The Monarchs did not do well (believe it or not, I used to work for the NFL and attended three World Bowls), but NFL Europe is irrelevant, as it was minor league. It's like saying a Premier League team wouldn't do well because people didn't go to see Chelsea's U18 team play.

why not Canada then, im sure they have many NFL fans even with their CFL considering that the CFL ends i think in october? late september?

i just dont see why go thru all the trouble of travel and logistics for the team ( hosting and traveling) when i still feel maybe rugby is more popular in the country, though london may be the exception.

Reactions: Kjbert
why not Canada then, im sure they have many NFL fans even with their CFL considering that the CFL ends i think in october? late september?

i just dont see why go thru all the trouble of travel and logistics for the team ( hosting and traveling) when i still feel maybe rugby is more popular in the country, though london may be the exception.
The NFL and CFL maintain a mutually beneficial relationship and choose not to compete with one another. The CFL's reason for this are obviously that it would lose. The NFL's reason's are less obvious, but it does use the CFL to some extent as a player development source (I believe there is an agreement between the 2 leagues setting forth the terms under which the NFL can sign CFL players). Some speculate that the NFL sees the CFL as a buffer against a new hypothetical football league that would try to compete against the NFL and maybe use Canadian teams as part of its strategy. That's why the NFL doesn't look to expand in Canada and is happy to just have Canadian fans who buy NFL gear.

The Bills play games in Toronto and are frequently rumored to be moving there. Other than Toronto, Canada doesn't really have a city that could support an NFL team. Either too small, too French or too Vancouver.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
The Bills play games in Toronto and are frequently rumored to be moving there. Other than Toronto, Canada doesn't really have a city that could support an NFL team. Either too small, too French or too Vancouver.

what does this mean lol... too out west?

Reactions: SayWhat44
Red bulls, Jets, Giants all three are Jersey teams no matter how anyone wants to narrate it. You can let it slide for the old timers who actually saw them play in NY but after a while, that's done. Just like a person who leaves and spends more time living elsewhere.
Anyway, NYCFC has to stay in NY no matter what.