• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Reactions: Kjbert
i assume that was more for the parking spot near yankee stadium that in the end didnt work out. But why is today the day when all this is coming out for nycfc and cosmos, did some report leak out or something.
NYC Lobbying is public and Dan Dickinson just happened to look quick through the database and is starting to come out.

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan
NYC Lobbying is public and Dan Dickinson just happened to look quick through the database and is starting to come out.
Dan pointed me towards it, I couldn't care less about the Cosmos but researched our spending.

A good amount, relative to Cosmos obviously. The only borough office we've lobbied has been the Bronx.

RIP to any stadium hopes outside of the Bronx… for now.

Dan pointed me towards it, I couldn't care less about the Cosmos but researched our spending.

A good amount, relative to Cosmos obviously. The only borough office we've lobbied has been the Bronx.

RIP to any stadium hopes outside of the Bronx… for now.
Nice work BTW

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan
Then you get this crap from the former NASL communications director... pathetic
There is zero about what the lobbying is for just that they have been lobbying and who it is to. This is a pathetic stretch from the information that is public.

lol sure, its nyc i dont know how he comes up with that, it take alot more $$ than 45K to get something done here and im sure if somehow nycfc gets the stadium then it will be endless bitching and moaning from them as the MLS has "screwed NASL" and the "progress" of the sport in this country.

EDIT: if anything the city is iffy on their Traffic connections more than anything and all the FBI investigation as been mentioned before. I feel that is more of a reason as to why they havent been given a stadium, either that or adopt better lobbying tactics.

Reactions: SayWhat44
it will be endless bitching and moaning from them as the MLS has "screwed NASL" and the "progress" of the sport in this country.

I'll probably get my head handed to me about this, but the reality is there's no earthly reason for the New York State Economic Development Corporation not to have given the Cosmos an answer on their Belmont Park proposal, even if the answer were "No."

I was actually hoping that the EDC approve the proposal with the proviso that the Cosmos and City share the stadium and upgrade the transportation access to the site.

Aside from Flushing Meadows, Belmont Park, Aqueduct and a couple of Bronx sites, there's precious little real estate inside the four boroughs -- sorry, Staten Island -- for a soccer-specific stadium.

I'll probably get my head handed to me about this, but the reality is there's no earthly reason for the New York State Economic Development Corporation not to have given the Cosmos an answer on their Belmont Park proposal, even if the answer were "No."
Absolutely disgraceful that they have dragged this on for so long.
I was actually hoping that the EDC approve the proposal with the proviso that the Cosmos and City share the stadium and upgrade the transportation access to the site.
I don't love the location, but it is, I think acceptable. For many, however, anything outside the city borders, even 100 yards away, is unacceptable. I remember way back in this thread someone raised the possibility, presumably as a hypothetical, of a stadium literally on the border, with an entrance within city limits, but most or part of it in Yonkers, or Nassau County. There was hard opposition to even that.
But I also think sharing with the Cosmos, somewhere and in an acceptable location, makes lots and lots of sense. The haters on both sides of the divide will freak out, but the city (or metro area) does not need 2 SSS that each get used maybe 2 dozen times a year. Make it 3 in the metro area with RBA. The scheduling logistics would be a lot easier than what we are living with now. Could the various factions of the UAE live with Etihad Stadium at Emirates Park? Or vice-versa?

Then you get this crap from the former NASL communications director... pathetic
There is zero about what the lobbying is for just that they have been lobbying and who it is to. This is a pathetic stretch from the information that is public.
News to NASL clones, MLS doesn't care about you. Why in the world would they spend one penny to stop you? Your pathetic attendance outside of San Antonio, Minnesota and Indiana has no bearing on this league. Even Chivas USA at their worst was getting more people to games. NYCFC certainly doesn't care about Cosmos. NYCFC has 20,000+ season ticket holders and play at Yankees stadium. cosmos are lucky to have 3000 total attendance and play in a plastic lacrosse field in Long Island.

Is the "Belmont Park solution" completely outside city limits?
I thought a portion of it was inside NYC?
I remember way back in this thread someone raised the possibility, presumably as a hypothetical, of a stadium literally on the border, with an entrance within city limits, but most or part of it in Yonkers, or Nassau County. There was hard opposition to even that.
Noted.
Could the various factions of the UAE live with Etihad Stadium at Emirates Park? Or vice-versa?
I hadn't thought about the naming rights implications of such an arrangement.

Frankly, I think the NIMBY opposition would be so strong that the proposal would never come about, but there should be an answer regardless.

As a Brooklyn native, I had proposed Floyd Bennett Field where there is ample room, but the forum denizens rejected that out of hand. I don't know where else in Brooklyn CFG could build. So, that leaves the Willets Point site, the GAL site (which is too tight once I reviewed it) and little else since Pier 40 seems to be an engineering nightmare. Aqueduct is "too far away" (same denizens).

If they select Westchester, I'm out.
A five-borough solution is imperative.

Aside from Flushing Meadows, Belmont Park, Aqueduct and a couple of Bronx sites, there's precious little real estate inside the four boroughs -- sorry, Staten Island -- for a soccer-specific stadium.

they dont care as much, thats the only reason i can come up with. either that or there probably lots of delay in other issues that they havent even gotten to really look at it. i dont know how they usually operate.

News to NASL clones, MLS doesn't care about you.
I'm sure, at some level, MLS cares about NASL; that's pretty much what the partnership with USL was about.
I can't prove it, but I'm willing to bet that MLS and USL conspire against NASL.
One situation I watch, with interest, is "The Battle for Oklahoma City" (and Tulsa beyond).
It's quite interesting.