Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
That's still the Queensborough, right? I'd be fine if they had fun and changed that to the Not-the-Roosevelt Island Bridge.

Well...

larger.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Wait till you find out what they renamed the 59th street bridge. You may just blow a gasket.

Well I'm getting off the subway at Atlantic Av - Pacific St. as well!
Funny thing, I think Barclays paid something like 200K a year (that's it) to brand the whole subway station Barclays Center.

Reactions: forfalskning
If someone told me 20 years ago that after I got off the Jackie Robinson, I should hop onto the RFK as to avoid the shit show that the Ed Kotch has become, I'd probably have slapped them.
Ha! NYC really was a lot more simple 20 years ago.....

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
At the rate he's going with the City and our non-existent Stadium, we may soon have the Bill DeBlasio Wards Island Waste Treatment Center.

Reactions: ldent42 and Kjbert
If someone told me 20 years ago that after I got off the Jackie Robinson, I should hop onto the RFK as to avoid the shit show that the Ed Kotch has become, I'd probably have slapped them.

Reactions: adam
At the rate he's going with the City and our non-existent Stadium, we may soon have the Bill DeBlasio Wards Island Waste Treatment Center.
More like be Bill Deblasio Upper East Side Waste Management Center at 96th St.

And don't forget he renamed the muni building after the greatest mayor we have ever seen, The David N Dinkins Municipal Building.

Islanders, Barclays eye escape clause to get team out of Brooklyn

One of the reporters for this article was just on WFAN. It seems nobody is happy with the Islanders in Barclays, not the team, its fans, or the Barclays owners. The news hook is these reporters found out there is an out clause either side can exercise after 4 years and here's a good chance that happens.
The connection to us is it could mean there is suddenly a new competitor for stadium suitable locations. One site mentioned in the article and during the interview as a possible location for the Islanders to build was Willets Point near Citi Field. I don't see how the city supports MSG plus Barclays plus another indoor arena in Queens so I think it's unlikely they build something new in the city but tangential news is all we get right now.

Last edited:

One of the reporters for this article was just on WFAN. It seems nobody is happy with the Islanders in Barclays, not the team, its fans, or the Barclays owners. The news hook is these reporters found out there is an out clause either side can exercise after 4 years and here's a good chance that happens.
The connection to us is it could mean there is suddenly a new competitor for stadium suitable locations. One site mentioned in the article and during the interview as a possible location for the Islanders to build was Willets Point near Citi Field. I don't see how the city supports MSG plus Barclays plus another indoor arena in Queens so I think it's unlikely they build something new in the city but tangential news is all we get right now.
There may be an Out-Clause, but I hope to hell the City tells them to stuff it before they ever grant them a location to build, or at least until NYCFC gets a location to build..... The Islanders moved to a location/venue of their choice and now have buyer's remorse - I say tough shit: bite, chew, swallow, repeat.

Could there be enough room at Willets Point for a mega sports complex? That would place the US Tennis Center, Citi Field, a new Islanders arena, and NYCFC Stadium all within walking distance of each other, allowing for a pretty promenade, retail , hotels?, and even waterside attractions that all those venues could attract.

Partnership! The first outdoor NHL stadium, lol.

Is it possible that the Islanders would make MSG their home? Think Metlife Stadium. It's perfect for the LIRR. BTW, who is the genius who thought the hockey would do well in Brooklyn? The first thing I thought when I heard that the Islanders were moving to the Barclays Center was "STUPID."

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA