Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Got this down the pipeline... Haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as its a lot of hoping and dreaming so not sure if it was covered...
Not zoned for residential and just sold for 48 Million. Yankees did ask for a credit increase for non-baseball operations.
Buyer is Atlas Capital Group.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-island-city-site-said-to-sell-for-48-million
The person who passed it along said that Atlas have been rumored to be working with Yankees/NYCFC.
Close to public transportation as well.
If you use images please link back to us.
View attachment 4320
View attachment 4322
View attachment 4321
Damn, I was hoping to keep this quiet until I had more information. Ok here's what I got:

Sold by Fresh Direct to Atlas like you said. It's currently leased to Fresh Direct until January so they can finish moving to the Bronx location.

Site is currently too small to build a stadium and parking, they'd have to buy out that space behind it which is currently LIRR property.

That's where it gets messy. It's not being used by the LIRR as far as I can tell, I'm not aware of any trains that run through that portion of track. It was mostly used for industrial transportation and they could remove the tracks there without affecting LIRR or anything else really. But the state would have to approve it since it's MTA owned and MTA is run by the state.

Cuomo and the Governor hate each other so it would be pretty tough, but at the same time Cuomo may see it as a way to stick it to the mayor. I've been monitoring it since the deed transfer went up. If you guys are interested I'll post the rest of the documents I already have.

Damn, I was hoping to keep this quiet until I had more information. Ok here's what I got:

Sold by Fresh Direct to Atlas like you said. It's currently leased to Fresh Direct until January so they can finish moving to the Bronx location.

Site is currently too small to build a stadium and parking, they'd have to buy out that space behind it which is currently LIRR property.

That's where it gets messy. It's not being used by the LIRR as far as I can tell, I'm not aware of any trains that run through that portion of track. It was mostly used for industrial transportation and they could remove the tracks there without affecting LIRR or anything else really. But the state would have to approve it since it's MTA owned and MTA is run by the state.

Cuomo and the Governor hate each other so it would be pretty tough, but at the same time Cuomo may see it as a way to stick it to the mayor. I've been monitoring it since the deed transfer went up. If you guys are interested I'll post the rest of the documents I already have.

nah keep it hush hush.....i dont want NYCFC to close your twitter :D

Reactions: Kjbert
Good looking out Dan. Wonder if it's big enough -- looks narrow.
FreshDirectStadium.png

I'd love this for selfish reasons. The G stop is RIGHT there. What is surrounding area like?

Empire State Building in the background?
Yes. Here is a photo I took on Borden Avenue yards away from the location. The Fresh Direct plot is on the left just past the overpass:
borden-ave.jpg

Here is another I took from the Greenpoint Avenue bridge where it goes over Newtown Creek. I'm not exactly certain where the plot is from here but it's definitely on the right bank, probably just out of sight past the bend in the creek.
newtown-creek-greenoint-ave-manhattan-skyline-bw-L.jpg
This is one of my favorite neighborhoods for photography.

I'd love this for selfish reasons. The G stop is RIGHT there. What is surrounding area like?
Immediate surrounding area is empty, but if you walk to Vernon Blvd and Jackson Avenue there's stuff. More fancy coffee shops than a sports bar kind of place, though. Walkable from the 7 at Vernon-Jackson and the G at Van Alst.

Yes. Here is a photo I took on Borden Avenue yards away from the location. The Fresh Direct plot is on the left just past the overpass:
View attachment 4323

Here is another I took from the Greenpoint Avenue bridge where it goes over Newtown Creek. I'm not exactly certain where the plot is from here but it's definitely on the right bank, probably just out of sight past the bend in the creek.
View attachment 4324
Mind if I share and credit/link back to this post?

View attachment 4323

View attachment 4324
Beautiful pics!

Those tracks *are* being used. There's the Long Island City stop and a small train yard just a little ways down the tracks, used during weekday rush hours (and maybe for NYCFC matches?). There's also the Hunterspoint Avenue station in the area, which gets a lot more trains.

Reactions: Kjbert
I am super stoked for this if its true. N/Q to the 7 train. easy commute. And/or crash at my buddies place, he just bought one of those boushy condos by gantry state park. lots of pulic transport options. Not very good parking. probably would work along side with the street car diblasio wants plus the affordable housing he wants in sunnyside yards.