Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Got this down the pipeline... Haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as its a lot of hoping and dreaming so not sure if it was covered...
Not zoned for residential and just sold for 48 Million. Yankees did ask for a credit increase for non-baseball operations.
Buyer is Atlas Capital Group.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-island-city-site-said-to-sell-for-48-million
The person who passed it along said that Atlas have been rumored to be working with Yankees/NYCFC.
Close to public transportation as well.
If you use images please link back to us.
View attachment 4320
View attachment 4322
View attachment 4321
Makes me wonder if CFG changed course and is having a third party intermediary make the initial purchase to cut through red-tape of folks opposing CFG/seller jacking up the price, and then Atlas sells to CFG/Yankees in what would be a simple transaction???

Reactions: Kjbert and Konrad
How consistently does the 7 run from Time Square? Is it an every few minute line, or does it run more infrequently?

I thought so, thanks! You definitely one-upped me. All I could find so far was the view from that nearby cemetery, which is a good deal farther away.

View attachment 4326
nah thats by the kusziascko bridge not in sight. not the vibe of the area. last i was down there i think the overwhelming vibe comes from the LIE going into the tunnel. Very busy sounding.

Reactions: Kjbert
Those tracks *are* being used. There's the Long Island City stop and a small train yard just a little ways down the tracks, used during weekday rush hours (and maybe for NYCFC matches?). There's also the Hunterspoint Avenue station in the area, which gets a lot more trains.
I think they are used only for freight. There was an accident further down the line in Maspeth last summer.
http://abc7ny.com/news/dashcam-video-from-queens-freight-train-accident/838258/

There does appear to be an awkward way to bypass this section by diverting the trains into the Sunnyside Yards. It's not inconceivable this could happen if only because the trains run very infrequently and slowly along this line.

Damn, I was hoping to keep this quiet until I had more information. Ok here's what I got:

Sold by Fresh Direct to Atlas like you said. It's currently leased to Fresh Direct until January so they can finish moving to the Bronx location.

Site is currently too small to build a stadium and parking, they'd have to buy out that space behind it which is currently LIRR property.

That's where it gets messy. It's not being used by the LIRR as far as I can tell, I'm not aware of any trains that run through that portion of track. It was mostly used for industrial transportation and they could remove the tracks there without affecting LIRR or anything else really. But the state would have to approve it since it's MTA owned and MTA is run by the state.

Cuomo and the Governor hate each other so it would be pretty tough, but at the same time Cuomo may see it as a way to stick it to the mayor. I've been monitoring it since the deed transfer went up. If you guys are interested I'll post the rest of the documents I already have.
All CFG would have to do is buy/lease the air-rights above the LIRR tracks and build above it. Cantilevering a building is child's play, and the LIRR/MTA entity gets a form of revenue they weren't otherwise ever going to realize.

Last edited:
How consistently does the 7 run from Time Square? Is it an every few minute line, or does it run more infrequently?
Its a busy line serving north queens all the way to flushing, not to mention always rated the best in quality. I am sure they can run extra trains for gameday.

Reactions: JayH
Its a busy line serving north queens all the way to flushing, not to mention always rated the best in quality. I am sure they can run extra trains for gameday.
Also the two stops people would use are the first and second stops in Queens.Travel time from Grand Central would be negligible (subject to transfer time of course) and to Times Square minimal.

Reactions: JayH
OMG STAP I DONT WANNA GET MY HOPES UP ANYMORE
tumblr_lr10n6jZZa1r2fafuo1_500.jpg

I thought so, thanks! You definitely one-upped me. All I could find so far was the view from that nearby cemetery, which is a good deal farther away.

View attachment 4326
I could do this all day. By the way it's Calvary Cemetery and it's where they shot the cemetery scnee for the Godfather , plus plenty of other movies and TV shows:
calvary.jpg

You guys realize Atlas Capital (the company who bought this site) only does office buildings and retail space- right?

My commute from Jersey would be nightmarish during the week. But, I guess I can always ask to leave early, or schedule my days off in advance.

You guys realize Atlas Capital (the company who bought this site) only does office buildings and retail space- right?
They were rumored to be working with Yankees/NYCFC. Two sources have confirmed this. My source is VERY trustworthy. It could be a coincidence that they just so happened to have purchased the property or they could be acting as middle man.