Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok I'm about to pass out. But I'll step away from the 90s for one second to a few years earlier. As this is the perfect truism to encapsulate this thread in song. G'night y'all!

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
Dunno if this has anything useful in it, but heres an article about the new Yankee reno

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/y...he-age-of-fomo-yankee-stadium-gets-a-facelift

As someone who had a partial season ticket plan for many years, the new additions to Yankee Stadium do nothing to bring me back as a fan. Sure, they're not as good as they used to be, but I don't think the lack of talent is the main reason people are turning away from baseball. I think the main obstacle is time. The appeal of something like soccer is that you know the game will be 2 hours or so. A Yankees-Red Sox game can go 4+ hours. On top of that, the Yankees one could argue might be the least fan friendly team in all of sports. They ticked off a lot of season ticket holders when they moved their seats from the told stadium to the new one. They made the stadium less fan friendly with the "moat," ushers who would check your tickets all the way up in the upper deck, and concession prices that are out of control.

On the flip side, what's most appealing to me about NYCFC is that they, at least, give off the appearance that they appreciate the fans they have.

I'm still bothered by the poll at the top that Manhattan is listed as NYC.

We should all change our votes to spice things up and maybe a stadium will come about...

We need to do something

Any thoughts to staging some sort of pregame "protest"?

Reactions: Kjbert
Any thoughts to staging some sort of pregame "protest"?

Haha. What are we going to do? You think the club doesn't want a stadium too? Not sure if there is an antagonist we can point to in this situation. We assume the city, but we don't really know. We knew it was the USTA originally.

That said, it would be brilliant if we could figure out a way to get 20,000 people to show up at the Fresh Direct site on matchday instead of YS.

Or even better. Show up at the US Open in NYCFC gear and start our own supporters section singing "hey baby" till they give in and let us build.