Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
They built a stadium and a 200 acre soccer campus for Manchester City and training facilities for Melbourne and NYCFC, you really think they want us in a baseball stadium permanently? It's not just ambition, NYCFC will be more profitable in their own venue. Sporting wise and economically building a stadium for NYCFC is in their best interests. Is that good enough for you?
And again, I know we all want news on this. But more than anything we all want this done right. We've all discussed quite a lot in here what the struggles of building a stadium in this city is. But we definitely don't want to end up in a situation where we have a stadium that is inaccessible and is not within the city.

Reactions: Ulrich
They built a stadium and a 200 acre soccer campus for Manchester City and training facilities for Melbourne and NYCFC, you really think they want us in a baseball stadium permanently? It's not just ambition, NYCFC will be more profitable in their own venue. Sporting wise and economically building a stadium for NYCFC is in their best interests. Is that good enough for you?
But I heard they are playing in Yankee Stadium RENT FREE! Why would they want to pay all the construction and maintenance costs for a new stadium?

They are paying rent, "below market." But its very expensive.

Was joking. I've heard people use that as the cornerstone of their argument as to why we'll never get a stadium. It's tough for people to understand just how expensive it most likely is to operate at YS, even if we have some type of sweetheart deal.
The field issues, less than ideal seating configuration, and tough scheduling situation all rank far below the main incentive to get out of YS, the cost of doing business. I am highly confident that CFG is highly motivated to build a stadium. Their immense wealth simply allows them to swallow some deep losses while they navigate the nutty road to getting a better situation in place.

So who on this forum is going to pose as an event organizer and see what they could rent YS for for one day (only 100-200 sections). Then we can all take turns on match day hanging by the concessions stands with counters and figure this whole thing out. Totally worth it.

I like when my nutty road also has marshmallow. Then, it's just rocky.

giphy.gif

Fishkin has been all over that angle. I love how the Cosmos guys are clinging to the joint Cosmos-NYCFC stadium because they know its their only chance at having an actual SSS within the City. NYCFC isn't going to do that. They don't need the lifeline.
You know I originally had no problem with the thought of this with them as tenants. Then I met NeoCosmos fans. Everyone of them a shit head. Now? Fuck them.

Fishkin has been all over that angle. I love how the Cosmos guys are clinging to the joint Cosmos-NYCFC stadium because they know its their only chance at having an actual SSS within the City. NYCFC isn't going to do that. They don't need the lifeline.
Lifeline no, but maybe an enslaved farm team? :D

Reactions: Kjbert